Hacking DS flashcard for 4.5 3ds

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay, about a list i don't have, but about any card working on dsi fw8.x, maybe even dsi 7.x should work, most of the cards work, ds2plus has most features as for ds(i) games. but since it's for a 3ds: gateway for sure the best option.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The thing is I sold my old3ds on 4.5 on a guy that wants to use only flashcards with it. He went to a shop and they couldn't get any r4i or r4 gold to work with it :S

Do those cards need a particular firmware to work with 4.5? Maybe they are updated for a newer firmware and do not work with 4.5?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
acecard won't work. it died on fw 4.3, se mid-kid's post. a ds card works only with nds files, so could it be he tried to start 3ds files? those need gateway. by the way gateway has most optios, except for cheating, for nds cheating use supercard dstwo. and yes you'll need latest the card's most up to date kernel and wood. and this sometimes can only be installed on via an old model ds(i).

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So if he gets an r4i and install the latest r4i firmware it will work 3ds 4.5?
Can you just tell me the steps that he needs to do on an r4i to make it work? Because he can find this card easily

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
each r4i card has it's own supplier for the software. check the list for recomended r4i's. use the website of this of this manufacturer to find both fw and software (mostly called wood), download this to the micro sd-card, start the card on a system it still works on now (garantied to work on a ds(-fat or -lite)), start the .nds file with this ds via the r4i. now wait till it says to turn it of or restart or says finished. turn of the ds, put the r4i card in the 3ds and it should work.

NOT ALL R4I'S WILL WORK ON A 3DS!!!! CHECK THE WEBSITE PROVIDED BY MID-KID FIRST!!!

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok
On this list every card that states working on 9.5 means it is working on 4.5 too with the same firmware? I mean if we have the latest firmware on this r4i it will work on 4.5 too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte