DS-Flash Cart with best Support

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by IsSuE_, Jun 23, 2008.

Jun 23, 2008
  1. IsSuE_
    OP

Newcomer IsSuE_ Newbie

Austria
    Hi there!

I currently got a R4DS but I want to trade it for a SDHC capable cart. Now my main concerns are: build quaility, thats why m3 real falls out; and support from the manufactor.
    Now i got 3 too choose from: CycloDS Evo ; Edge ; Supercard DS One. I would buy the CycloDS but its about twice as expensive as the Supercard One.
    So what would you do? Kick out a few more bucks for a cyclo , or get a supercardone or an edge?

thx

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    cyclo has better support from what i've read
    but since you are already familiar with the whole flash cart thing
    you might as well get a SCDS1

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, if you already ruled out the M3 Real, from those three carts, I'd go with CycloDS..I believe it's the most supported card out of those three carts you named, at the moment..Team Cyclops listen to their clients, update their firmware fairly often and develop great options (as RTS and in-game-guide)..
    Every cart you mentioned has great support, but CycloDS stood out as a cart with better support and great official forum activity, where clients can contact developers directly..

4. skagamer

Member skagamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As an owner of both the Cyclo and an SCDS1, I'd recommend paying the extra cash for a Cyclo. The gui is more user friendly, you never have to worry about your settings(it just works), and the support is fantastic. I like my SCDS1, but until the Supercard team releases a nicer gui it will be second to Cyclo in my opinion.

5. pokemongalaxy

Banned pokemongalaxy Banned

Canada
    I'd suggest youd get dstt as it has micro sdhc, but since its not in your choices, Id suggest the edge...Its the cheapest and has really good (like r4) compatibilty. I got my r4(actually its an m3simply) from gameyeeeah, but I saw ttds on dealextreme.com for like 20bucks...shipping included!!

6. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I would say that you should go for Scds1

7. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    The cyclo and the SCDS1 are really good carts.
    EDGE as well, but not in the same league.

The cyclo has better direct support from team cyclops, and a "nicer GUI".
    The SCDS1 costs much less, has the also many features, but has the slightly inferior GUI.

Anyways ... if you are a GUI fetishist, go for the AceKard2 .... but it also has low build quality.

I have a SCDS1 and an EZFlash V.
    I ordered an AceKard2 (because they are soooo cheap [​IMG]

8. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Indeed, the Cyclo and the SCDS1 have the best support.

Still, I'd choose Cyclo for the ease of use, and the team that replies your questions directly in the forums, and they speak English perfectly well. There's also the GUI, and some other stuff that makes in superior. But it's pricy compared to others, so you get what you paid for.

And the SCDS1 is still an excellent cart, since they never drop support for any of their product, as of yet. But they don't speak English very well, so it may cause some problems when you're trying to get help from them, but they do make it up with frequent firmwares. We're not sure what they're doing now, but they're most likely doing something to improve it.

If you got the cash, then the Cyclo.
    If you want something cheaper, but not too far behind from the Cyclo, and don't mind a small learning curve, then the SCDS1.

9. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Acekard RPG in theory has the best support because it is open source, therefore anyone can update it. But it appears to be way out of your price range

10. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Acekard 2 also benefits from the Acekard RPG's open source menu. Both the Bliss and AKAIO menus are based on the Acekard RPG source code and run on the Acekard 2.

-Bri

11. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Except the acekard 2 loader is not open source, meaning that it's still dependent on a select few developers to maintain support.

12. IsSuE_
    OP

Newcomer IsSuE_ Newbie

Austria
    acecard rpg is too expensive. acecard 2 seem to have inferior build quality, as it has those plastic notches on the side, just like the m3real.
    i also prefer non spring loaders, but i dont know if either edge, cyclods or scds1 have one

i also dont mind any learning curve. i just care about support and build qualitiy. also EZflash 3in1 support should be near as perfect, but i guess none of the flash cards has this yet

13. lurbi

Member lurbi GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Well ... cyclo and scds1 have good build quality and support.
    cyclo and ez flash V are not spring loaded.
    cyclo and ez flash V support the ez 3in1 directly.

ez flash v+ is catching up, but is not en par yet with scds1 or cyclo featurewise.
    ez flash V+ is not spring loaded, and the microsd slot is not at the top, but at the side.
    you can read the posts from windirt the ez flash team representative at http://ezflash.sosuke.com/

btw acekard rpg is 66$ at dealextreme including slow shipping

14. skagamer

Member skagamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I lol'd

15. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    And what's so funny about that? It IS ~$66 and they DO ship things out slow. [​IMG]

16. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    NOT the G6DS Real... STAY AWAY!! RUN!!!!!!

This thing is an awesome card, and does have 100% for commercial ROMs, but it's hit and miss for homebrew, and firmware updates are scattered...

17. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've tried several and since I tried Cyclo, it's all I will ever buy. Great gui, reliable product, awesome features, and the best support in the business. it's worth the extra $20. I have bought all 6 of my Cyclos from realhotstuff.com. They are best in price and ship faster than any website I have ever purchased anything from.

18. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Go with a cyclo [​IMG] They're awesome!

And the Team behind is always releasing updates as well.

19. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    If you don't want 2nd best when it comes to featues get scds1. Only cart that can really do it all. True Real-Time features like game-guide and AR/Dipstar cheats engine.