Hacking DS flash Card

Korner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys... i got a problem...i want to buy a R4 but i have a 8 gig stick but i can't use it i heard is this true if it is...can i buy a different flash card for it?

lastly can i run SNES/NES/GBA roms on the DS?

Thanks Guys

-Korner

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Korner said:
Hey guys... i got a problem...i want to buy a R4 but i have a 8 gig stick but i can't use it i heard is this true if it is...can i buy a different flash card for it?

lastly can i run SNES/NES/GBA roms on the DS?

Thanks Guys

-Korner

Welcome to GBATemp!

You shouldn't buy a R4DS, buy a CycloDS Evolution or a SuperCard DS One instead.
The R4DS doesn't support a 8GB microSD, a CycloDS Evolution or the SuperCard DS One does.

And yes, you can run SNES and NES games (and loads others) on your DS.
GBA games are not possible, and it will never be.
But you can run GB and GBC games without problems.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask them
smile.gif

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome to gbatemp!

(just incase ure new to the whole business) to run the GB and GBC games, you need an emulator. the cyclo ds sought of dose this in its firmware, but not very well, realy (in my opinion) so the best emulator to use for GB/C games is lameboy. use the search box to find a guide (please learn to use that, so many new people dont, and we get asked the same questions so many times...)

and GBA emulation is imposible, and always will be. its because of the hard ware in the ds. some hardware is used for ds games, other hardware for gba games. this makes emluation imposible for gba games because the ds isnt powerfull enought to make "imagenary" hardware for the gba games to run on

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or

If you buy an M3 Real perfect pack, you can play DS, & GBA roms, I also use JenesisDS to play megadrive roms, Lameboy for GB and GB colour roms.

M3 Real with DS Sakura software is very impressive, worth a look!

Korner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! but yeah i don't understand now...how come the DS doesn't play GBA games i thought that it would be able to run it . like the PSP *mine* can run GBA roms fine *maybe lag sometimes* but it works! hmm very strange.

but yeah what do u guys recommend i need a good flash cart that would work with it *8 gig* but yeah and also my friend runs GBA games off his DS for some reason....do u guys know why though? cuz i saw him playing "super mario yoshi's world" so i was kinda thinking it was weird.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
because slot1 can't access the gba cpu. a slot1 gba emulator would run dog slow, since slot2 is already there has never been a need to ever attempt it.

i would recommend an ak2 for 13.99. i own 3 of them right now, its the best kit i've used. you need a slot2 flash kit or expansion pack to play gba. if you are going to get a slot1 then pick up the ez 3-in-1 expansion pack. you can get an sdhc mem card, ak2.1 and 3-in-1 off dealextreme.com with free shipping.

instead of asking a ton of questions you should read and ask questions for answers you can't find.
first check the review section and read up on the various kits available.
use the search button to search for topics already started about the same questions you have.
use google

-another world

death1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS can't emulate GBA games. It doesn't have enough processing power.
The PSP can emulate GBA games. It has enough processing power.
With a slot 2 cart (such as the EZ Flash 3-in-1) the DS can play GBA games.

If you want the best card with the most features, consider the CycloDS and Supercard DS One.
If you want a cheap card that will play games but has no significant other features, get the Acekard 2.
Do not get a R4. It's outdated and has clones.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
death1234 said:
If you want the best card with the most features, consider the CycloDS and Supercard DS One.

a modern flash linker should play roms with drag/drop and no patching. if it has copy/paste, cheats, etc then thats a bonus. honestly for the cost of the cyclods a few additional features do not justify. maybe i am just bias because i am an akaio beta tester =P.

with ak2 you get 3-in-1 support, cut/copy/paste, automatic nds trimming, shortcut, cheats, soft reset, wifi cheat updates, text viewer... i'm not sure what else i need my gaming kit to do. i guess real time saves would be nice on a role playing game that doesn't have start menu saving.

-another world

Korner

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would u need 2 8 gig for this T.T or just one? tehehe also btw thanks guys! =DD

cuz I'm getting the EZ-3in1 and also the supercard/cyclo either i don't know right now but yeah thanks guys ! =DD

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't get the supercard. Pretty much every feature it has is half done. Either get the cyclo or if you don't want to pay this much, an Acekard2.
You will store your GBA-Roms on the MicroSD that is in your Slot-1 card (e.g. Cyclo or Acekard) and they will copy them to you slot2s RAM or NOR as you launch the roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte