DS Fire Link

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by dbgtdob, Jul 25, 2007.

Jul 25, 2007

DS Fire Link by dbgtdob at 6:37 AM (1,517 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. dbgtdob
    OP

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i just ordered this from dealextreme.

[​IMG]
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3315

i am getting this as a gift for someone with a ds (the old phat one), i am wondering if the gba cartridge is ds or dsl size, on the box it says ds/dsl and the picture on dealextreme shows a gba size slot 2, but the picture of the actual box is of a white 2gb ds fire link, while the pictures shown are black, so does the new white one come with a dsl or gba size linking cart?

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    When I brought my brother an N-Card from dealextreme it came with a DSL sized GBA catridge. That was the N-Card though [​IMG]

3. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's another N-Card clone. So you will get what is in the picture you posted, plus the GBA cart size USB writer.

4. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    when i got my n-cards i just told them that i want the big ones [​IMG]

5. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    If it's DS Lite sized, just unscrew the casing and put it in without the front end, It works and it's fairly easy to pry out, plus you don't damage the cartridge.

6. dbgtdob
    OP

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    k i e-mailed them, and they told me it comes with a dsl loader..., i also learned my order has already been shipped, they told me they are shipping me a gba loader free of charge, but i will have to will probably have to wait for them to package and ship it now.

7. sk0ld

Member sk0ld GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been looking for a retailer that will send me a 1G N-card in black casing with gba sized usb link for cheap, and I've not had much luck. I wouldn't trust myself to change the casing.
    Sky2k only has white, and dealextreme's tech support seems pretty adamant about not mixing parts.
    I have to say I find it pretty surprising that they're shipping you a gba sized linker for free, with all the brick walls I've hit. Maybe they only have gba sized ones left for the fire link clone set.

[/QUOTE]If it's DS Lite sized, just unscrew the casing and put it in without the front end, It works and it's fairly easy to pry out, plus you don't damage the cartridge.

8. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i had to send back one of my ncards (faulty battery) and they send me a new one, but with a ds LITE linker, but i dont have any ds lite. so i told sky2k that they send the wront one (ONE!!) and they just sent me 2 new gba sized linker ^__^ now i have 3 gba-sized and one lite linker... w00t

9. biz387

Newcomer biz387 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    firelink have gba sized writers... have had 3 from dealextreme n-cards have dsl writers.. have had 7 of them from there

10. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's a snap cover. I've seen reviews take them apart to show the insides. So I'm sure there is a way of doing it without breaking the unit.