Hacking DS Fire link !Help!

dazdabombda@hotm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought the 8g fire card from eBay and I'm having problems with it and was wondering if anybody could help because when I plug the USB cable into the GBA disk and the computer nothing comes up like installation wizards and there is also nothing in my computer as a removable storage so when I go to add new hardware its come up as a fire link cable is this correct and if so why isn't it working?

Also I've turned on the DS on with the GBA disk and DS Disk in place and connected to the computer as well as pressed L+R+D+A+B, nothing that makes sense comes up there are stars on the top screen with STABLE 2.50 in the top right and on the bottom screen bottom left says DS FIRE LINK with a bear and top left says [0/0]

I know that might not make sense but the person I bought it off gave me no instruction of how to use the thing
wacko.gif
I also read a previous topic similar to this but the problem mustn't of been the same as their solutions didn't work for me Thanks in advance

dazdabombda@hotm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I've downloaded that and run it as safe mode but how am I supposed to move the files over onto the card if the computer isn't recognizing it as a removable disk?

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah I've downloaded that and run it as safe mode but how am I supposed to move the files over onto the card if the computer isn't recognizing it as a removable disk?
What's your system ? If it's Win98, give up... And another thing... You must connect the cable to PC USB port, you cannot use a usb extension cable with the firelinke usb cable...

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's strange, because, to update with new firmware, your PC must recognize the firelink through USB. It's the same process to recognize it as a normal drive to transfer files. Maybe the usb cable is damaged. Can you test it with another cable in another PC ?

dazdabombda@hotm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried different cables on this computer as well as on another computer and still nothing
huh.gif
has anyone else had this kind of problem =/

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is what you do.

1.) Press L + R + A +B + UP
2.) Download the 2.53 Update
3.) Run the program
4.) Update your firmware
5.) Press L + R + A + B + DOWN
6.) It should work.

dazdabombda@hotm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded N-Card Firmware 1.45 and Xmenu 2.53 (internal test version), and extracted the files then double clicked NAND_ALL and after doing that command prompt came up saying

C:\Documents and Settings\Darryl\My Documents\update\nand_stable_25>USBNDS.exe u
disk.nds 2 1
NAND FLASH WRITER USB TEST V1.5 UP FIRELINE
init usbdll
init usb writer
nand_init error!

I don't really know what that means but it doesn't appear to of fixed my problem and the word error doesn't look too promising either =/

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I downloaded N-Card Firmware 1.45 and Xmenu 2.53 (internal test version), and extracted the files then double clicked NAND_ALL and after doing that command prompt came up saying

C:\Documents and Settings\Darryl\My Documents\update\nand_stable_25>USBNDS.exe u
disk.nds 2 1
NAND FLASH WRITER USB TEST V1.5 UP FIRELINE
init usbdll
init usb writer
nand_init error!

I don't really know what that means but it doesn't appear to of fixed my problem and the word error doesn't look too promising either =/
It means that it has not installed anything, because your firelink was not available through USB.

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Testing the firelink in another DS is a good option, because in this case we know that cable usb an pc usb plug are fine. You need to know if the problem is in your DS slot2 or in the firelink...

1337rice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what you do.

1.) Press L + R + A +B + UP
2.) Download the 2.53 Update
3.) Run the program
4.) Update your firmware
5.) Press L + R + A + B + DOWN
6.) It should work.

what he suggested ALMOST works

1.) Download the v 1.45 firmware
2.) put JUST the ds fire 1.45.nds file into the card
3.) turn off ds, turn it back on
4.) on the game list, select the 1.45 thing..watch it update by pressing A
5.) after update, do what it says..which should say RESTART DS or something that has to do with RESTART
6.) press L+R+A+B+DOWN and the thing would do a quick scan on the card and will do the formatting
7.) after it finishes, restart DS, plug it into PC
8.) drag the xmenu.dat file into the card (WHICH SHOULD BE BLANK)
9.) restart your DS again and your patch should work

**note that backup your moonshell and other crap that was in it before doing step 2**

i have the same card too which i got just now...and believe me..this card FU*KING SUCKS...it doesnt let you save your game progress >_< (can anyone help me fix that issue?)
i shouldve gotten M3...

biz387

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have the same card too which i got just now...and believe me..this card FU*KING SUCKS...it doesnt let you save your game progress >_< (can anyone help me fix that issue?)
i shouldve gotten M3...

What like all the rest of the flash carts there is no real time saves? The m3 can do cheats and has slightly better download play compatibility, but requires arm7 patches as the firmware needs to be updated. What actually sucks about ncard clones? cheap and 100% compatibility with games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp