Homebrew DS Emulation Outside OS

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No way. You need specific libraries from Windows. Well, it should be ok if PC will use ARM processors, but it's unreachable.

And btw. writing OS from basics and inserting true graphics mode is senseless.

ds84182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way. You need specific libraries from Windows. Well, it should be ok if PC will use ARM processors, but it's unreachable.

And btw. writing OS from basics and inserting true graphics mode is senseless.
[deleted as I was a "mentally inept" child]

Last edited by ds84182,

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the real problem with DS emulation on a computer is simply that the emulators are not mature. They need more development, tweaking and optimization.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the real problem with DS emulation on a computer is simply that the emulators are not mature. They need more development, tweaking and optimization.
so creating a 3DS emulator would be more difficult than creating a DS emulator because of the graphics and 3D on that device?

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only good DS emulator is NO$GBA. DeSmuME has too many options and is a memory hog.

Quite the other way around. DeSmuMe has FAR more features than no$gba, having options in an emulator is a good thing. It can emulate wi-fi, the second slot and a lot more other things that I don't see no$ doing. DeSmuME is only a memory-hog because it runs games at a consistent speed, without the help of external programs, much unlike no$. It's like comparing firefox with chrome, chrome misses a lot of features, while firefox is feature rich.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only good DS emulator is NO$GBA. DeSmuME has too many options and is a memory hog.

DeSmuME doesn't force you to select the game save type (auto detect), Final Fantasy IV has working backgrounds and normal text, and you can tell the emulator to enable sound interpolation/low-pass filtering to reduce the raspy audio. Did I also mention that you don't have to install useless applications to get graphics filtering to work? The reason it runs slower is due to the fact that it focuses more on accuracy than speed. Will speed improve over time? Most likely, but it's not the top priority right now.

Martin is either hiding or in jail, as he has made no update in three years (and I couldn't care less if people downloaded no$gba 2.6a for free)
The fact Martin charged $2.50 to cover "development" costs is the epitome of asininity. Let's face it, no$gba died an ignominious death. No$gba truly is the Zsnes of GBA/DS emulators, the majority uses it despite there being much better, more accurate emulators out there.

DeSmuME > no$gba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.