DS #DSi 0179: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (USA)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it in the store a few times (with the CD) and am tempted to buy it...
Actually, I barely tried it, I'm going to DL first and make a decision later.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Assuming that this is the same as the Europe Version.

Not gonna really bother buying it over here...except for maybe the Boxart (Wow seriously Europe...you get stuck with the crap boxart while we get the cool one). I've already bought the European Version when it came out. Soundtrack got ripped to FLAC (Honestly, what else would one use for such an awesome OST), and the game itself ripped onto my DSTwo. One of my friends lent me it after work and I ripped it onto FLAC on my computer. I must admit, the Opening Theme is one of the few themes that gives me goosebumps, but in the good way.

My work doesn't have this though! I am quite disappointed..but yet we can order thousands of crapware games that nobody ever ****ing buys.

Gamestop does, but supposedly it doesn't come with a soundtrack (Gee, I wonder how that could have happened....> distrust at gamestop)

God the boxart is so bawws over here though...make a good wallpaper.

Sigh...DSTwo...why can't you have Coverflow-like features built in..

*Continues staring at Boxart*

Well, look at it guys..this is one of the last games the DS will see, and boy is it a helluva gem. I have never smiled, or enjoyed a game so much in years, not since Pokemon Silver to be exact.

Btw, like always if you want the quests. Use your Japanese Save to download them, or the European Version if they have the 12 quests available on wifi over there, copy it and rename it to match your US versions filename. All 3 versions of this game have interchangeable save files.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am actually tempted to buy this game. I have the European version[ROM] and I have almost(?) finished it. I friggen love this game! I just can't quite explain it, but it has the makings of a Lost DS Gem. (Lost because it is overshadowed by the 3DS.)

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't save on the latest AKAIO.
frown.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
I am actually tempted to buy this game. I have the European version[ROM] and I have almost(?) finished it. I friggen love this game! I just can't quite explain it, but it has the makings of a Lost DS Gem. (Lost because it is overshadowed by the 3DS.)

There's always room for a Solatorobo 2/Tail Concerto 3/Insert witty and awesome title here.

Hmm...debating whether I should borrow this for a few mins from my friend and dump it. That way I know if it will work on the DSTwo.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't understand the hype and love for this game. I swear, people are forcing themselves to like it. I made it about three hours in and just quit playing because it was the most lacking title I'd seen so hyped in a long while.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I swear, people are forcing themselves to like it.

Yeah, that's obviously it.
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I do hope this game sells well. I would love to see a sequel or something similar from these guys. There's was an article about in NP, and my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I remember the devs saying something like they were hesitant about making it or releasing it since the game is "different", and didn't think it would do well. And I can understand their fears. It seems like the majority of gamers will gladly buy the same generic and boring FPS that's released month after month, and ignore games like this one(my nephew and has friends are a shining example). But there are those that dig games like Solatorobo. I'm just hoping that there's enough people that buy the game to prove the devs wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water