DS #DSi 0158: SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jun 29, 2011.

1. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    This game is awesome. I'm loving every second of it.

2. supersaiyan3

supersaiyan3 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2011
    Croatia
    Koprivnica
    is there jp voice option in Europe version of the game?

3. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    They don't speak Japanese even in the Jp version of the game. It sound French-ish even on the Japanese version. They say "Salut" and a few other French sounding words. So techincally the game is more accurately translated for your region [​IMG]

4. impizkit

impizkit Lazy Lurker

Apr 6, 2010
    Only played until the first save and item grab to make sure the patch works, but it sounds like a bunch of nonsense noises for voice acting. Its actually kinda funny to listen to. Great game so far as well, love the visuals. One of the better I have seen on DS.

5. kilik_tag

kilik_tag Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2010
    France
    [Solatorobo - Red The Hunter (EU) (patch)] works fine for EDGE users: saves and gives rigs.
    Game looks nice !

rigs not riNgs sry...

6. digipokemaster

digipokemaster Innocent Uke

Aug 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    anybody with dstwo with wpa internet able to download quests?

7. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Honestly, I didn't realize the "furry" thing was such a big issue, but then again, I guess I never fully understood what it meant to be into furries. Regardless, this is one of the prettiest and most interesting games to come along on the DS in a long while. The gameplay is a welcome throwback to the N64/PS1 era, and wow, if there isn't some seriously impressive real-time-graphics stuff going on in this game. Namco, of all publishers, to put out such a polished effort on DS, especially at this late stage in the system's life...weird, to be honest. I like the presentation, I dig the the duality of the game having both a very JRPG feel yet using animals as the main characters, and the controls feel good. Definitely cause for one last celebration of the system so far as I can tell.

8. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Well, it IS a spiritual sequel to Tail Concerto, a PS1 game so...
    Also, Namco did nothing, CyberConnect2 is the developer so if anything, they're the ones who deserve all the praise [​IMG].

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    And with a list that include one of my favorite game series of all time (that being .hack of course) it's not too surprising that this would be a good game as well.

10. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I wanted to buy this game as a way to make up for the DS roms I played over the past few months but for some reason it's not easy to find this game that's at a reasonable price. Anyone seen a copy in a store or is this a case of limited printing?

11. Nimbus

Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

Nov 1, 2009
    Probably being lazy.
    I should have my copy by Monday or Tuesday.

Luckily for all you people out there, I was able to rip my friends imported copy of this so I can try out transplanting the Japanese version save into the European version.

I have most if not all of the quests downloaded for the Japanese version, so it'll only be a matter if this actually works. I'll post back with my results in just a sec. Gotta make a copy of the Japanese save file using xenofile (xenon, you rock man!), and rename it on my dstwo.

Edit: Well sonuvagun

Transplanting the Japanese Version save into the European Version did work! What's better is that the dlc quests persisted through the process. Meaning they're still on my save.

I'll go ahead and make another save from the start on my Japanese rip and get y'all a starting save with all the quests I have at the beginning of the game toomorow. Nearly midnight where I'm at so I gotta get some sleep (Nimbus is a cranky bugger when he doesn't get his sleep)

12. who987

who987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    Would someone be so kind as to find a save file that peopel who cannto save can use? I just played for literally like 7-8 horus and got up to fishing part where i died only to find out i cannot save on wood.

13. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    The game is fixed. If you encounter odd little issues, back up everything and format your MicroSD card with the Panasonic SD Formatting tool. Place on fresh Wood files after, and you should be good to go.

If problems persist, try disabling the cheats option, and disable soft-reset. If problems still persist, don't know what to tell you.

14. who987

who987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    I believe it has to do with the fact that im running wood on sdhc?

15. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    That, is probably the issue.

I would suggest seeing if you can get this working.

16. who987

who987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    Seeing as im a huge nub what exactly am i trying to get working here?

17. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    It's a new kernel that you can use in place of the poor Wood port that you have available for the SDHC. There should be a readme inside the file with instructions on getting the kernel working.

18. who987

who987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    From what i remember it doesnt work on YSmenu or TTDS Am i informed wrong or?

19. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    It's just YSMenu fixed up to work on lots of different R4's, where it used to be fairly limited in the past. Although it's made for the TTDS, it works on many different carts.

Like I said, use the readme to know exactly what to do.

20. who987

who987 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2011
    United States
    I have Now im getting load error 4. Guess ill have to wait til lsoemthing happens i guess.