DS #DSi 0119: Hot Wheels: Track Attack (USA)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use to love hot wheels when i was a kid
tongue.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
firebrand was also a part of this game, so it must be a decent game. (they worked on trackmania DS too)

gameplay

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work fine on CycloDS B.5.

Heh, if you trim it, it will trim over half the ROM away, but it still appears to run.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:

Heh, if you trim it, it will trim over half the ROM away, but it still appears to run.

well, that's what trimmers do
unsure.gif

then it's probably 256mbit rom with a few extra mbits which makes it 512mbit

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
Rayder said:

unsure.gif

My point is that it's a 64MB ROM that trims to less than 32MB.......they should have just used the smaller size chip in the first place.

I keep hearing people say that trimming DSi-enhanced ROMs makes them not work....I never had any issues with trimming them with NDSTokyoTrim on my CycloDS. I mean, if it trims out some actual DSi data, does it really matter when I can't play it in DSi mode anyway with the cart I have?

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
rave420 said:
Rayder said:

unsure.gif

My point is that it's a 64MB ROM that trims to less than 32MB.......they should have just used the smaller size chip in the first place.

I keep hearing people say that trimming DSi-enhanced ROMs makes them not work....I never had any issues with trimming them with NDSTokyoTrim on my CycloDS. I mean, if it trims out some actual DSi data, does it really matter when I can't play it in DSi mode anyway with the cart I have?

The reason the rom is on a 64MB gamecart is because the game is about 33MB on the cart. 33 > 32, so they had to go up to a 64MB storage size. Untrimmed, the ROM is "64MB", but the DSi enhanced files take up roughly 1MB-2MB and the size of the rom is actually 32.xxMB (Rounded up to 33 for ease). Thus, 32.xx - 1 = 31.xx, so it is labeled a 32MB rom (31.xx < 32)

P.S. If you are wondering, yes. I am the person who did the dump of the game. I know this info because I spent an hour to do the dump and the info was displayed on the bottom screen (about 50 minutes were used just to setup my Supercard Lite. It was a pain in the a**, but I got the job done)

Maximusje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is crappy. Firebrand screwed up with Trackmania in my opinion (too many track glitches, falling through the track etc.) and this game has similar glitches, but added to that it also is extremely boring to play. There is no story or no characters to identify with like in Mario Kart or Sonic & Sega racing, unless anyone is able to identify himself with a car... The only reason you'd want to play this is if you'd wanted to have more cars... Overall the game does look alright, but it has a lot of graphical glitches (stroke of green coming on your screen for no reason). In my opinion, the only good Hot Wheels game was Burning Rubber on the GBA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: como estas parce?