Trophies
Website
PlatformHeroes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hopefully the game doesnt suck as bad as the movie
tongue.gif
will try now (not hating on the anime. the anime FREAKING ROCKS!! the movie is just bad) anyway going to find it
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, finally. About a month late. I don't normally give a shit about movie-based games, but this one's supposed to be good.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work fine o CycloDS B.4

Needs a D-pad hack, heh. It's all touchscreen controlled. Looks like a decent game though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Seems to work fine o CycloDS B.4

Needs a D-pad hack, heh. It's all touchscreen controlled. Looks like a decent game though.

rofl.gif
I actually thought of you when I read the Nintendo Power review for the game. Personally, I loved Phantom Hourglass the way it was, and this is supposed to be very much like that control-wise. I feel you, though.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Fabis94 said:
The movie sucks loads of ass. What about the game? Are there any vids?Did you try searching before asking?Well I haven't found any videos - but these seem to be screenshots of the DS version, grabbed from http://www.thq.com

d4697e0d40444ef6a4b1250801138941.jpg
f0a75b3b08d5e27d62cf395784618fa5.jpg
857c755f01380db819b5a2216f514f0b.jpg
e92394e34c1493aa69bb8516e5a5d48b.jpg

Also from THQ is info about the DSi enhancement
Nintendo DSi Feature – The Bender Detector - Shoot a photo and discover what type of bender you and your friends are.
Somehow I think they should re-word that !!!!
laugh.gif

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CannonFoddr said:
Also from THQ is info about the DSi enhancement
QUOTE said:
Nintendo DSi Feature – The Bender Detector - Shoot a photo and discover what type of bender you and your friends are.
Somehow I think they should re-word that !!!!
laugh.gif
There's only one Bender.
biggrin.gif

Bender.jpg

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the game is actually decent. Really nice 3D graphics (for the DS anyway), though you don't get to control the viewing angle at all. Once you get your character built up a little, it gets fairly interesting.

If there was anything to complain about, beyond the touchscreen controls, it's that transitions between areas takes longer than you'd expect. It's only like 2 or 3 seconds, but it feels longer when you're looking at a black screen or you accidentally walk the wrong way and have to go back and suffer that black screen transition twice in a row.

I'd say forget about the movie being tied to this game and just enjoy the game itself. It is worth a look. The graphics are really good for a movie tie-in game.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must try this out as an Avatar fan. Just one small question are the other 3 Avatar games for DS worth playing?

----posts merged-----

Just played it and its awesome. The story in the game is about book 1 well you guys probably already know that... The story is kind of mixed up though they skip lots of events, and katara doesn't look anything like she supposed to. The bending in the game is pretty neat. It works fine on the Supercard DStwo. Only problem is that the tut in the beginning on the game is so LONG, and I still don't know how to save the game I just made a RTS for now.

Just one small question are the other 3 Avatar games for DS worth playing? And for the ones that played the first Avatar game for DS is it better then this one story wise, and gameplay?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
one of them is but i dont remember which one (how ironic)
i heard this movie is amazing... i guess some ppl like somethings but others dont
will try this game esp since rayder (someone who seems to criticize more games these days) has given it a decent

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jakob95 said:
Just played it and its awesome. The story in the game is about book 1 well you guys probably already know that... The story is kind of mixed up though they skip lots of events, and katara doesn't look anything like she supposed to. The bending in the game is pretty neat. It works fine on the Supercard DStwo. Only problem is that the tut in the beginning on the game is so LONG, and I still don't know how to save the game I just made a RTS for now.

Just one small question are the other 3 Avatar games for DS worth playing? And for the ones that played the first Avatar game for DS is it better then this one story wise, and gameplay?

Yes they are okay you should try them...

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game auto-saves every now-and-then. You will see a spinning symbol in the top-left of the top screen when it saves.

So far, it doesn't seem too difficult, but it has that I-wanna-see-what-comes-next type of gameplay that I like. And the graphics are really tight for a DS game. Judging from what people have said about the movie, I think this game is better than the movie.

Definitely worth a look. Only question now is how long will the game last before it's over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P +1