DS -> DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by willy101, May 4, 2008.

May 4, 2008

DS -> DS Lite by willy101 at 8:16 PM (1,118 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. willy101
    OP

Newcomer willy101 Advanced Member

Hey,

I'm currently a proud owner of a DS, but I'm looking for something a little lighter and a little brighter... say a DS Lite. Are there any trade-in deals/bargains that will let me exchange my DS? Or is there somewhere I can get it cheap?

Thanks!

2. yankees26eac92

Member yankees26eac92 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well you can't use the GBATemp trade-in because you are a newbie.

You could try selling it on eBay.

If you want, eBay is were you could get a cheap ds lite.

Here is were I found a cheap ds http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...;ci_sku=4978452

As you can see, everywhere its about $129.99.

So I would suggest eBay.

3. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah ebay is pretty good for getting one cheap. Just keep in mind that one that you get off ebay will probably be parallel-imported, but that shouldn't make that much of a difference, but it will make warranty a lot more difficult.

4. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Gamestop will let you trade it in for a new one, I think. Off and on they will have promotions where you can specifically turn in a DS Phat for a DS Lite, and only have to pay like 80 bucks or something, so ask them if they have or will be having that promo soon. If not, they will still let you trade it, but you will have to pay more than you would with the promo.

5. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Look in your phone book and try to find a LOCAL. SMALL Business game shop because Gamestops prices, I feel, are flat unjust. They will take your DS which is worth a base minimum of 65-85 bucks if it works and has the stylus and adapter, depending on its cosmetic condition, and will still charge you nearly 90 bucks for a lite, so essentially you get 30 dollars for your DSphat.

Put an ad on Craigslist, use Ecrater, ebay or join one of those take survey earn points sites and just put a little time and effort each day towards getting yourself a brand new DSlite, sell your phat for about 60 bucks and get your self a couple of games or a flash card to go with it.

6. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Either that, or raise your post count to 100 some how and get access to the uber trading section on GBATemp or find another member here thats willng t act as a proxy while setting up a deal, but that could be a little risky. At any rate, gizmo_girl had some nice suggestions and yea, I agree, stay away from Gamestop, they are evil.

7. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Gamestop is a good place to work a trade-in deal. They're pretty flexible. Several months ago, I traded in my old ds lite for one of the new gold units that came in the Zelda:PH bundle. So they discounted the bundle because of my trade-in, then since I didn't need the Zelda:PH cart (I already had one), they took out the game and discounted it further. So, after the discounts for my ds unit trade-in and the zelda game, I ended up getting the limited-edition gold zelda ds for $60. I've heard good things from other people as well. So, check them out if you have one nearby.

8. willy101
    OP

Newcomer willy101 Advanced Member

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your help. I know there have probably been a million threads like this, but thanks for answering anyway.

I'll try out those suggestions (though the Gamestoppers in my area are jerks...)

Cheers

9. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Im trying to sell my Orignal DS after buying my DS Lite, good luck though,

10. CrEsPo

Member CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Kijiji is a local eBay type site. You can try selling on that site.