DS Download WHOLE GAMES?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by nitrodude150, May 8, 2008.

1. nitrodude150
    OP

nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Forgive me of my naiveness but I really wanted to know if through some kind of patching or firmware hack if you could transfer a whole game to a friend via download play? I think I've seen this question before but I failed to see the answer.....

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    The DS has 4 MB of RAM. The smallest commercial games are 8 MB in size. Therefore, the answer is no because there's nowhere to stick the rest of the game on your friend's DS.

3. nitrodude150
    OP

nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    GOOOT IT! TYVM!

4. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Now, if both of you were using a flash cart, couldn't someone write a file transfer program? I seem to remember someone announcing a utility along those lines, although it was very slow.

5. Panzer Tacticer

Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    Right Here
    Hmm if both had a flashcart, both could go and get it the way everyone else does a great deal easier too I might add.

Transferring it between two DSs would be like mindlessly and pointlessly painful.

6. psycoblaster

psycoblaster Divine

Jan 26, 2008
    Seoul.. (in Korea)
    DS2DS is an app for the DS that sends files from a flashcart to flashcart.
    It's in an European language (i think french) but I was able to quickly create a translation patch...
    I don't know if it is by wifi or just the local wireless though... you should try it out first.

7. kallekall

kallekall GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2008
    United States
    There is a program called Combox that is in English. It allow filetransfer between 2 DS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice