Gaming ds download play

xxatlan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know which games work with download play? where you just have the single cart and whatnot. ive heard meteos and metroid on some occasions. but how about mario kart and new supermario bros? >.>

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sigh... they all work if the receiving DS has flashme

i ALWAYS hear people say this, but its not true! Even if the other ds is flashed, you can get white screens and errors. Its not a matter of whether or not the ds is flashed, but how clean the rom dump is. A non flashed ds can successfully download from you, if you have flashme and they dont (ive tried this with 10 ppl in Tetris). However, I tried to send NSMB to someone with a flashed ds, and he got a "disconnect" error every time. This was also true for a non flashed ds.

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so if i wanna host singlepak games which options are best? (regarding M3)

software reset: on
normal boot, 1xDMA
no trim
no cheat

would that be correct?

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only game i had trouble sending in download play (to a flashed DS) is Big brain academy. All the others i tried worked and i tried a lot. Most of my DS play time is in multiplayer.

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game i had trouble sending in download play (to a flashed DS) is Big brain academy. All the others i tried worked and i tried a lot. Most of my DS play time is in multiplayer.

How about to an unflashed DS ? Does anyone know if DS multiplayer single-cart (flashcart) works when sending to unflashed DS ?

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
all of my games work except that space shooting game i forgot the name but ya my other games like MKDS MPH and a few others that work whenever the other ds is flashed or not

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Once again, as I have stated many times, it's more than likely based on the device you use and the way it patches the roms.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Once again, as I have stated many times, it's more than likely based on the device you use and the way it patches the roms.

Well, it's both. You need flashme when the patcher rips to shreds the RSA wireless keys. Since the wireless keys were garbled by the patcher, you need flashme. It's not just one cause over the other.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It took me a while to get Big Brain Academy to work but I made it work!
yaynds.gif

I used these options while patching in M3 Game Manager:
Soft Reset: OFF
Normal Mode
No Trim

Make sure to put all NDS handhelds right next to each other while initilizing DS Download Play. After you connected and got the game started, you may pull away all the NDS handhelds and play just fine (pretty far even; I played upstairs while my friend was on the first floor of my house). I have played with a total of 4 NDS handhelds via Single Card Wireless DS Download Play on Big Brain Academy using this setup. Previously I patched the game using DMA x1 Speed, and that only allowed me to connect to ONE other NDS Handhelds. I tried patching it using Normal Mode instead, and it has no problems connecting to more than ONE NDS Handheld. Please note it does take a very long time for Big Brain Academy to connect to multiple players using Single Card DS Download Play. I would roughly estimate 1 - 2 minutes (which is not bad for us patient ones
wink.gif
)

* Heads up, it takes a while for DS Download Play to start, so be patient; cause it works! *
smile.gif

*** Another note: I tried playing other NDS games (such as Bleach, Super Monkey Ball, Metriod Prime Hunters) using DS Download Play, and they originally did not work. Then I noticed turning Software Reset OFF has helped tremendously while patching in the M3 Game Manager. After I changed this setting to OFF, all the games that originally didn't work... now DOES work via Single Card DS Download Play! ***
wtf.gif

* If anyone is curious I'm using M3 SD Firmware e22.

BigBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got any experiences with using a G6 (old type, not Lite but I think they're pretty much the same) with Single Cart Download Play? I've got two flashed DS's and have tried Big Brain Academy and Mario Kart and haven't gotten either to work. I played with a few of the patching settings, tried to make the rom as 'stock' as possible, but I basically just end up with the cartless DS "Downloading" forever... it never finishes. Left it DLing for 5 mins+ each time.

Edit: Nm. I'm an idiot
shy.gif
I just needed to choose "OK" on the host DS, the Downloading on the other DS just signified that it was ready to go I guess. So yeah, it works fine on G6

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, look, I graduated college and this thread is confusing me. I just want to know one thing: will flashing my ds affect in any way my ability to download play with others while using a store bought ds cart? I have dozens of stock carts, and I download play with others quite frequently. I'm considering flashing my ds, but screw it if it messes up my ability to multiplayer with others in download mode.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, look, I graduated college and this thread is confusing me. I just want to know one thing: will flashing my ds affect in any way my ability to download play with others while using a store bought ds cart? I have dozens of stock carts, and I download play with others quite frequently. I'm considering flashing my ds, but screw it if it messes up my ability to multiplayer with others in download mode.

Flashing a NDS Handheld will offer no disadvantages. You will still be able to recieve from others, send to others, and still go on WiFi to play games.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.