ds download play

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by xxatlan, Jul 2, 2006.

Jul 2, 2006

ds download play by xxatlan at 9:16 AM (3,685 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. xxatlan
    OP

Newcomer xxatlan Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    anyone know which games work with download play? where you just have the single cart and whatnot. ive heard meteos and metroid on some occasions. but how about mario kart and new supermario bros? >.>

2. Jeomite

Member Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. DOES work via Download Play (aka Single Card Wireless)

3. xxatlan
    OP

Newcomer xxatlan Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    so no frozen white screens when someone else downloads them??

yay lol.

4. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

Featured Posts:
    United States
    sigh... they all work if the receiving DS has flashme

5. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Featured Posts:
    United States
    i ALWAYS hear people say this, but its not true! Even if the other ds is flashed, you can get white screens and errors. Its not a matter of whether or not the ds is flashed, but how clean the rom dump is. A non flashed ds can successfully download from you, if you have flashme and they dont (ive tried this with 10 ppl in Tetris). However, I tried to send NSMB to someone with a flashed ds, and he got a "disconnect" error every time. This was also true for a non flashed ds.

6. outphase

Featured Posts:
    United States
    soft reset can affect single card multiplayer also. there are some games that work without it, but a good majority of the games require it.

7. Sors

Member Sors Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    so if i wanna host singlepak games which options are best? (regarding M3)

software reset: on
    normal boot, 1xDMA
    no trim
    no cheat

would that be correct?

8. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    The only game i had trouble sending in download play (to a flashed DS) is Big brain academy. All the others i tried worked and i tried a lot. Most of my DS play time is in multiplayer.

9. leonardo71286

Newcomer leonardo71286 Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    How about to an unflashed DS ? Does anyone know if DS multiplayer single-cart (flashcart) works when sending to unflashed DS ?

10. Sors

Member Sors Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    as stated in _this_ thread it IS possible

though there seem to be a need for the right configuration and a clean dump

for me it hasnt worked yet though :(

11. Litewt

Newcomer Litewt Newbie

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I had trouble with Ridge Racer. Got to race but crashed

12. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Jump Superstars works. It even works if the person you send it to doesn't have their DS flashed.

13. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Featured Posts:
    Norway
    all of my games work except that space shooting game i forgot the name but ya my other games like MKDS MPH and a few others that work whenever the other ds is flashed or not

14. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

Featured Posts:
    New Zealand
    Once again, as I have stated many times, it's more than likely based on the device you use and the way it patches the roms.

15. leonardo71286

Newcomer leonardo71286 Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Which flash cart do you use ?

16. outphase

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Well, it's both. You need flashme when the patcher rips to shreds the RSA wireless keys. Since the wireless keys were garbled by the patcher, you need flashme. It's not just one cause over the other.

17. Jeomite

Featured Posts:
    United States
    It took me a while to get Big Brain Academy to work but I made it work! [​IMG]

I used these options while patching in M3 Game Manager:
    Soft Reset: OFF
    Normal Mode
    No Trim

Make sure to put all NDS handhelds right next to each other while initilizing DS Download Play. After you connected and got the game started, you may pull away all the NDS handhelds and play just fine (pretty far even; I played upstairs while my friend was on the first floor of my house). I have played with a total of 4 NDS handhelds via Single Card Wireless DS Download Play on Big Brain Academy using this setup. Previously I patched the game using DMA x1 Speed, and that only allowed me to connect to ONE other NDS Handhelds. I tried patching it using Normal Mode instead, and it has no problems connecting to more than ONE NDS Handheld. Please note it does take a very long time for Big Brain Academy to connect to multiple players using Single Card DS Download Play. I would roughly estimate 1 - 2 minutes (which is not bad for us patient ones [​IMG] )

* Heads up, it takes a while for DS Download Play to start, so be patient; cause it works! * [​IMG]

*** Another note: I tried playing other NDS games (such as Bleach, Super Monkey Ball, Metriod Prime Hunters) using DS Download Play, and they originally did not work. Then I noticed turning Software Reset OFF has helped tremendously while patching in the M3 Game Manager. After I changed this setting to OFF, all the games that originally didn't work... now DOES work via Single Card DS Download Play! *** [​IMG]

* If anyone is curious I'm using M3 SD Firmware e22.

18. BigBoo

Newcomer BigBoo Member

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    Has anyone got any experiences with using a G6 (old type, not Lite but I think they're pretty much the same) with Single Cart Download Play? I've got two flashed DS's and have tried Big Brain Academy and Mario Kart and haven't gotten either to work. I played with a few of the patching settings, tried to make the rom as 'stock' as possible, but I basically just end up with the cartless DS "Downloading" forever... it never finishes. Left it DLing for 5 mins+ each time.

Edit: Nm. I'm an idiot [​IMG] I just needed to choose "OK" on the host DS, the Downloading on the other DS just signified that it was ready to go I guess. So yeah, it works fine on G6

19. skylerj

Newcomer skylerj Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Ok, look, I graduated college and this thread is confusing me. I just want to know one thing: will flashing my ds affect in any way my ability to download play with others while using a store bought ds cart? I have dozens of stock carts, and I download play with others quite frequently. I'm considering flashing my ds, but screw it if it messes up my ability to multiplayer with others in download mode.

20. Jeomite

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Flashing a NDS Handheld will offer no disadvantages. You will still be able to recieve from others, send to others, and still go on WiFi to play games. [​IMG]