ds diabetes monitor

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tal32123, Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009

ds diabetes monitor by tal32123 at 9:29 PM (430 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. tal32123

Member tal32123 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    United States
    Pharma firm Bayer has created a DS plug-in built on the idea that diabetic kids typically lose track of no-fun things like glucose meters, but rarely lose fun things like gaming handhelds.

No, the "Didget" isn't a kind of Vitality Sensor; it goes into the DS/DS Lite's Slot-2 and rewards players giving consistent readings with points in a game that can be used to buy items or unlock levels. It doesn't sound like the game itself has anything to do with diabetes or testing, it's just the vessel through which the Didget rewards a player's consistent monitoring.

I'm not in a household with a diabetic child, but I was in one with a recently diagnosed adult; I can testify that testing yourself can be a real bitch, and doing it consistently requires some discipline, which younger kids may not have. The Didget sounds like a helpful peripheral, although some might think buying a video game attachment rewards, rather than corrects, a kid not taking responsibility for himself. I guess it depends on the age. One thing, however, since this requires Slot-2, it's not DSi compatible.
  2. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2007
    i'm here....silly.
    United Kingdom
    i'm in 2 minds whether this is a decent idea or not depending on what link up there is to a blood testing meter/monitor
    you can easily fake test results [​IMG]
    testing ain't a bitch either, you just need to be bothered enough to do it regularly and keep your blood sugars within the right levels