Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Kotaku
With brain training games being old hat, Japan is craving for something new. Enter comedy training games. Ha. Developer Skip has created Arukime DS, a two to four player game. In fact, it's not possible to play the game alone! (Well, you can play it alone, but you'll need two DSes.) A question is posed, and the other players write funny or witty answers in a certain time limit. Gut busting responses are then selected, and the funniest ones get points in the form of cushions. Game is out in Japan mid-July. Sounds hilarious.

dshahaha.jpg

First walking now comedy.

Leah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game sound really good. Totally the sort of thing I am into. Obviously this game will be in Japanese, but I just wondered, have you played it? And if so, is there an English option? For example, I really wanted Pokemon Diamond when it first came out in Japan but I couldn't hack playing it in Japanese as I'd be unable to follow the storyline. But from what I gather, it sounds as though there isn't really a story line to this game?

Cheers
smile.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the little information provided I'm guessing the game itself wont know what you are writing is funny but if it uses the mic and detects on the loudness of the other player than I can't see how other language players can't have fun with it.

Ok you wont know what the question the game asks you is but you could just write something funny like "Your mum has David Gest hair" and then if the other person laughs the mic would record the response. Then the other person writes something funny like "Linkin Park don't sound like Savage Garden with guitars" and if your laugh is louder than the other player than he/she would win.

Shame you'll need to DS's for it.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, my DS Lite should be coming soon so then I can play this all day with my brother.
biggrin.gif
Well, have to wait for the release so we'll probably be playing Ouendan 2 until then.
wink.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bet this doesn't get a western release. Japanese "humour" makes no sense when translated to english. Honestly, it just makes no sense at all.

That's the culture-gap for ya!

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think it makes that much more sense in Japanese... You simply have to get used to it.
This thing almost certainly won't make it to the western world, not because it's untranslatable but because it's a pretty weird concept that might just work in Japan but is very unlikely to be successful in the western world. I hope the Japanese version is somewhat playable but I doubt it. Well, a homebrew coder could copy it pretty easily...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol