Hacking DS Charger Broke, how could this happen?

Silvermania

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this is about the offical grey charger/AC adaptor that comes with the DS.
You know? This guy:

image.jpg

Anyway, It normally hangs out in the same outlet in my house and charges my DS-lite perfectly day in and day out. Today I brought it to work with me, like I do sometimes. I plugged it in and played Chinatown Wars for a few hours, that way I don't have to recharge it later. Eventually I noticed my Red Light went off... wait a minute, I thought, I never noticed an orange light this whole time... just the green. I tried the same charger on multiple outlets and such... My friend just brought his DSlite over and the charger doesn't work for him either. What could be the problem? I don't want to over-juice my DSlite accidentily. ALSO, I use a CycloDS card all the time. Do you think the Cyclo Evolution's power saving features might have somehow caused a problem? (I doubt it).

sgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine from DealExtreme for like $3 shipped. Warning though, the cord is probably half as long as the official one. Works perfect, though.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
maybe, it's now dead as you always fold the conductor. happens all the time with 3rd party chargers with foldable plugs. I never thought it could happen on a genuine charger. I have an imitation 3rd party and it's dead.

next time you buy a similar charger, super glue it the foldable plug so you will not fold it again when not in use. I tried it on my imitation 3rd party DSi charger and I hope my theoy works.

a guy told me it can be fixed and i dont know what the word he told me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)