DS Charger Broke, how could this happen?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Silvermania, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Silvermania
    OP

Silvermania Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2009
    United States
    Hey, this is about the offical grey charger/AC adaptor that comes with the DS.
    You know? This guy:

[​IMG]

Anyway, It normally hangs out in the same outlet in my house and charges my DS-lite perfectly day in and day out. Today I brought it to work with me, like I do sometimes. I plugged it in and played Chinatown Wars for a few hours, that way I don't have to recharge it later. Eventually I noticed my Red Light went off... wait a minute, I thought, I never noticed an orange light this whole time... just the green. I tried the same charger on multiple outlets and such... My friend just brought his DSlite over and the charger doesn't work for him either. What could be the problem? I don't want to over-juice my DSlite accidentily. ALSO, I use a CycloDS card all the time. Do you think the Cyclo Evolution's power saving features might have somehow caused a problem? (I doubt it).

2. KingdomBlade

KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Apr 24, 2009
    In Vulpes' Fur
    There are a couple of chargers that can be bought separate. Try dealextreme where most people recommend you buy. Any gaming store might to also and e-bay too.

3. sgand

sgand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    I bought mine from DealExtreme for like $3 shipped. Warning though, the cord is probably half as long as the official one. Works perfect, though.

4. Chris_Skylock

Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    maybe, it's now dead as you always fold the conductor. happens all the time with 3rd party chargers with foldable plugs. I never thought it could happen on a genuine charger. I have an imitation 3rd party and it's dead.

next time you buy a similar charger, super glue it the foldable plug so you will not fold it again when not in use. I tried it on my imitation 3rd party DSi charger and I hope my theoy works.

a guy told me it can be fixed and i dont know what the word he told me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice