Hacking DS Cart Whitelist for RXTools, and make MSET stick?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No. those are different titles and also different console type.DS Whitelist: DSi, and MSET: 3DS.
You can just use the whitelist v0 for your 3DS. Or even make a modified (so it can not be installed with sigpatch) one.

However i've met something weird about ds whitelist before, downgrade it sometimes seems not really working.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is possible to use white card with rxtools and even use ds carts in emunand with 3.x rxtools

I have stuck mset with GW but never tried with rxtools

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No. those are different titles and also different console type.DS Whitelist: DSi, and MSET: 3DS.
You can just use the whitelist v0 for your 3DS. Or even make a modified (so it can not be installed with sigpatch) one.

However i've met something weird about ds whitelist before, downgrade it sometimes seems not really working.
Some DS flashcarts won't work even with the whitelist downgrade (like AK2i) in that case you have to downgrade TWL_FIRM as well (only possible on o3DS)
wait, is the whitelist built in rxtools 3x?
I don't think so.
You can only make the mset exploit stick on n3DS, for some reason it won't work on o3DS. Consider using themehax to load rxTools instead, you'll need 9.0-9.2 sysNAND to do it, but it's way more convenient as you can autoboot into CFW when you power on the 3DS.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some DS flashcarts won't work even with the whitelist downgrade (like AK2i) in that case you have to downgrade TWL_FIRM as well (only possible on o3DS)
it's o3DS on RXTools 2.8 with AK2i. is there a floating tutorial somewhere how to downgrade the TWL_FIRM?

I don't think so.
You can only make the mset exploit stick on n3DS, for some reason it won't work on o3DS. Consider using themehax to load rxTools instead, you'll need 9.0-9.2 sysNAND to do it, but it's way more convenient as you can autoboot into CFW when you power on the 3DS.
so there's really no way of making MSET stick if i use a 3ds flashcart, and that's why i should be using themehax to autoboot instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.