OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello!

I'm going to buy a card that I can put my games on for the DS, and I think I’m going to buy an AceKard 2, because it looks like the best.

I haven’t bought this card yet because I also need a SD card to put in at the top of it. I have been looking around for a good one but doesn’t
really know which one to buy when people are talking about "Class6" and stuffs that I don’t understand yet...

So what SD card to you recommend for an AceKard 2, which will work for all games, download play, and work best?
Or do you recommend another DS card instead of AceKard 2 that might work better?

yankees26eac92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, the best microSD card company would be Kingston.

Secondly, there are many cards like the AceKard 2 that does the same thing like the DSTT/TTDS, and the Edge. It really is about if its in stock.

As for my opinion, the Fire card is the best. I got it at Deal extreme. It cost 42 bucks and it took 3 weeks to arrive. I've had it for a little more than a week and I can't be happier. It has 2GB of internal memory and mine holds 40 games which all work. The menu is a little sloppy but it's not horrible.

If you care about price, then go with the AceKard. If you don't, then get a CycloDS. But if your computer sucks and it doesn't read microSD (like mine
wacko.gif
) then get a Fire Card.

P.S. If you care about cheat codes then DO NOT get an F-card.

Toonne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, I'll probably go with the AceKard 2.
But I'm not sure about the SD card, people are talking about
SDHC or not
Japan or not
Class6 or not

So what’s the main thing I need to thing of when buying an SD card?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SDHC allows you to store more data (>2GB), but in my opinion there's really no need since 2 GB is plenty.

Japan made Kingston cards have been known to be superior to their non-Japanese counterparts.

Class 6 means that the card will write at a rate of or greater than 6MB/s. So unless you're a really impatient person then there's no need for this.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoNSTaR said:
Class 6 means that the card will write at a rate of or greater than 6MB/s. So unless you're a really impatient person then there's no need for this.
Thats like saying people who want to upgrade from DSL are impatient.

A Class 6 card will not only cut loading times and file transfer times, it will also reduce lag whilst navigating menus, and for the most part eliminates any lag that may be experienced in-game.

Dirt cheap too. A 4GB Class 6 will only run you about 25USD. Easily worth it in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning