Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FROM IGN:
Ever since the original DS was launched, there's been speculation that its GBA slot could be used to host a camera. Now, all that is set to come true in Face Training, a collaboration between Intelligent Systems and beauty expert Fumiko Inudo.

Seriously, we're not even joking. Nintendo is releasing a game that teaches people (mainly women we imagine) to exercise their face by moving certain muscles. The bundled camera displays a real-time video of your face on the bottom screen so you know you're moving the right muscles.

ds-snaps-up-a-camera-20070704002040066.jpg

Not a lot is known about the camera at the moment, apart from the fact it's white and it slots inside the dual-screen handheld's GBA cart. There may be some bad news for original DS owners though: the size of the camera - and the way it pokes out the bottom of the slot - implies it's only for use on DS Lite.

Otona No DS Kao Training launches in Japan on August 2 and we're already twitching our faces in anticipation.

Face training...whatever! So what do you think? I don't like the stand, I hope it can be removed so you can treat it as a handheld camera

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I thought it would be an actual digital camera add-on. With memory. And maybe autofocus. And stuff. This is just silly.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Intelligent Systems! You could have given us another Advance Wars or a new Fire Emblem but noooo you had to go and make a game where you twitch your face about like an idiot.
frown.gif

Will be interesting to see if any other games support the camera - a GB Camera style package would work very well.

Of course it's only a matter of time before something for the male demographic gets released like 'Upskirt Capture DS' which sees perverted gamers taking upskirt pics of unsuspecting females, tradeable via wifi.
tongue.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's about time Nintendo stepped back and looked at all this Touch Generations stuff and where they're going with it.

This seems to be taking things a BIT too far.

Just give us some proper games fer cryin out loud.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's about time Nintendo stepped back and looked at all this Touch Generations stuff and where they're going with it.

This seems to be taking things a BIT too far.

Why!? It's working for Nintendo..

And the DS is getting pretty good games, I dare even say that it's getting better games then the 3 main consoles..

What worries me more is the way Wii is going..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why!? It's working for Nintendo..

And the DS is getting pretty good games, I dare even say that it's getting better games then the 3 main consoles..

What worries me more is the way Wii is going..
DS is getting the better Nintendo games, the last three Wii titles from Nintendo, DK Jet, Pokemon Battle and Mario Party 8 were average at best and seemed like simple cash ins, whereas Zelda, Chibi Robo and Planet Puzzle League were really great and they seemed to have had a lot of effort put into them.

I've found that most Wii titles are lacking, Zelda TP for me is a classic and Exite Truck was really good but even that game lacked the usual Nintendo polish. I'm sure SSBM, MP3, Battillion Wars 2 and Mario Galaxy we set this straight.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All I'm saying is I'd rather see effort put into making a new franchise or mascot, or even something like New Super Mario Bros. 2 or a even fucking Pokémon Goatse Red than a "Stretch your face muscles to match the on-screen picture" game. When they say they haven't got the resources to add online multiplayer to Metroid Prime 3 and then this game comes out... it just seems a little odd.

But I guess this game will most likely do very well in Japan.

P

pasc

@Dominik93: pal you're not alone ^^.

I wonder if other developer will make an Eyetoy style game for this (dream come true ^^ ).

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
@Dominik93: pal you're not alone ^^.

I wonder if other developer will make an Eyetoy style game for this (dream come true ^^ ).

Well, if it can stream video, i wouldn't be suprised if we homebrew devs came up with a way to use this as a webcam...

gbatemp invades stickam!
rofl2.gif

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, camera for the DS = good idea. Using it to make stupid faces = bad idea.

Good ideas would be....
skype style calls+ video over wifi.
The style of the GBA camera, where u can doodle on pics and put them in funkay games. General camera applications that follow from that!
maybe some kind of wii interface if they don't want to stick removable memory into a DS. Maybe a DS cart could have the memory and then it could upload it to the Wii and whatever SD card may be sitting in the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...