Hacking Ds browser with R4?

Hunty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My dad has just downloaded me the ds browser for my r4. Is there anyway to run it without using a slot 2 memory expansion?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
No it is impossible, Please look up the hundreds of topics that exist about this for further information
Browsing requires a cache to temporarily store data in so it may display the webpage
The cache on the ds is too small so it needs a memory expansion
Regular memory is too slow, It needs Ram
Thats where the ram expansion comes in
Get a EZ 3in1 or just forget it, ds browsing is not that great anyway

cheapassdave

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No it is impossible, Please look up the hundreds of topics that exist about this for further information
Browsing requires a cache to temporarily store data in so it may display the webpage
xcalibur798 is right, browsing is too slow. just forget about it...
dry.gif

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
that law is a falsified one that people use as a way of making

them selfs feel better, the fact is that it was only legible when

copy writing meant you could own a copy of the software,

now when you buy something you only have the write to

borrow it not own it, and because you don't own it you cant

copy it or obtain copy's of it.

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually you are wrong and right marth. the law prohibits you from downloading copies of something you own, since its not the exact same copy, but you are absolutly allowed to make a copy of whatever you own for backup purposes. so you can rip your own roms from your own carts and that would be perfectly legal, but you can't download copies of those games even though you own it.

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
yes, but the fact that new copyright law states that you no longer

can own a copy of the software but instead are given permission to

use it, meaning you never owned a copy to copy it in the first place.

thats the most recent law in the uk anyway.
wink.gif

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States

wink.gif

If they want to go that way and change the entire trade system just to get legal grounds to prohibit someone from downloading copies, then they should have made software cheaper too at the exact same moment that new law was passed.
So, before the new law, I actually "bought" a game for 50 bucks, after which it became my property. Now, I just "borrow" a game for 50 bucks, which is never realy mine. WTF? What's the difference between renting a game and buying it then? Aren't you just renting a game for life when you buy it under this new law? Isn't renting games supposed to be cheaper than buying games? And what about actually renting games at Blockbuster or something then - what does that become? Stealing?

WTF is up with that shit?

If software costs more than 20 bucks it's not worth it in my opinion. An average 6/10 game should only cost 9.95$. And don't give me that "you can't make a modern game unless you charge a lot" shit. If games cost 10 bucks, more people would buy them. I wouldn't have to choose between a mediocre game and a good game, I'd just buy both. How do we acchieve this?
Just get rid of the packaging, the support (which is non-existant anyways) and the greedy 80% commision publisher by selling software through online distribution systems like Steam, XBOX Live or the Wii Shop exclusively. Retail is dying anyways.
Sure, the online distributor wants a cut, but it's a small one compared to a regular retailer, and usually it is directly proportional to the amount of times your games is bought (More people buying the game = more bandwidth = more costs = bigger cut). Also, through Bit Torrent game authors could distribute their games online themselves if they wanted to without having to spend thousands on bandwidth costs.

Fuck all that shit. It's not the gamedevs that's greedy, it's the fucking publishers... Look at Eidos and their Tomb Raider franchise. After milking it for all its worth the company that actually *created* Tomb Raider published one flop due to time-pressure from Eidos because the game release had to coincide with the movie release for marketing purposes, and they sacked the entire company and hired a new one. WTF? If I was Core Designs' CEO, that would have being the signal to bring a machine gun at the next shareholders meeting. Fuck those greedy publishers trying to leech money from out of my wallet, let them die thanks to online distribution! (eighter that, or a shovel to the face. Eighter way is good)

gamermole

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

wink.gif

If they want to go that way and change the entire trade system just to get legal grounds to prohibit someone from downloading copies, then they should have made software cheaper too at the exact same moment that new law was passed.
So, before the new law, I actually "bought" a game for 50 bucks, after which it became my property. Now, I just "borrow" a game for 50 bucks, which is never realy mine. WTF? What's the difference between renting a game and buying it then? Aren't you just renting a game for life when you buy it under this new law? Isn't renting games supposed to be cheaper than buying games? And what about actually renting games at Blockbuster or something then - what does that become? Stealing?

WTF is up with that shit?

If software costs more than 20 bucks it's not worth it in my opinion. An average 6/10 game should only cost 9.95$. And don't give me that "you can't make a modern game unless you charge a lot" shit. If games cost 10 bucks, more people would buy them. I wouldn't have to choose between a mediocre game and a good game, I'd just buy both. How do we acchieve this?
Just get rid of the packaging, the support (which is non-existant anyways) and the greedy 80% commision publisher by selling software through online distribution systems like Steam, XBOX Live or the Wii Shop exclusively. Retail is dying anyways.
Sure, the online distributor wants a cut, but it's a small one compared to a regular retailer, and usually it is directly proportional to the amount of times your games is bought (More people buying the game = more bandwidth = more costs = bigger cut). Also, through Bit Torrent game authors could distribute their games online themselves if they wanted to without having to spend thousands on bandwidth costs.

Fuck all that shit. It's not the gamedevs that's greedy, it's the fucking publishers... Look at Eidos and their Tomb Raider franchise. After milking it for all its worth the company that actually *created* Tomb Raider published one flop due to time-pressure from Eidos because the game release had to coincide with the movie release for marketing purposes, and they sacked the entire company and hired a new one. WTF? If I was Core Designs' CEO, that would have being the signal to bring a machine gun at the next shareholders meeting. Fuck those greedy publishers trying to leech money from out of my wallet, let them die thanks to online distribution! (eighter that, or a shovel to the face. Eighter way is good)

blame sony for that. im certain it was them who brought this idea. i was reading about it a while ago apparently they no longer allow preowned ps3 games? i dont know if this is true as i havent tried yet aparently all you buy is the right to play the game not own it therefore you cant trade/sell what you dont own
unsure.gif
thats what i read a while back anyway

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
... all you buy is the right to play the game not own it therefore you cant trade/sell what you dont own
unsure.gif

i remember seeing something about that. did it ever come to pass?

oh, sweet rant, iTech. you've got many good points.

The law is true and has been passed in the uk,

as for the one time use of a ps3 game, im not sure

i don't own a George foreman grill
laugh.gif

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
... all you buy is the right to play the game not own it therefore you cant trade/sell what you dont own
unsure.gif

i remember seeing something about that. did it ever come to pass?

oh, sweet rant, iTech. you've got many good points.

The law is true and has been passed in the uk,

as for the one time use of a ps3 game, im not sure

i don't own a George foreman grill
laugh.gif

FabioCapela

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

There are patches to use some kinds of slot2 cards as a memory expansion. I own both a R4 and a Supercard CF, and I'm able to use the DS browser with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...