DS Bluetooth

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by xaznwi3rd0, Oct 29, 2007.

1. xaznwi3rd0
    OP

xaznwi3rd0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    California, United States
    Someone should make DS Bluetooth so that you can listen to music with a Bluetooth headset. That would be sweet [​IMG]

And before you guys tell me to make it, no. I do not know how to make homebrew. Maybe I'll give it a shot, but I doubt it will go anywhere.

2. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    So you think you might come up with bluetooth on ds? Well good luck with that since its 100% not possible (unless you put bluetooth hardware in your ds)! Lol!

3. xaznwi3rd0
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    ._. Don't laugh at my dreams *runs away*
    You have to have Bluetooth software?

4. Saylient_Dreams

Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2007
    United States
    Would be kinda cool. Imagine a slot 2 peripheral that served as ram expansion and gba play, and also it served as a trasnfer protocol to slot 1 flash carts via bluetooth, or usb, or firewire. The DS would essentially become a pretty good all in one device I think if we had better ways of transfering data to flash carts instead of constantly taking things out.

5. Chevreuse

Chevreuse Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    Senegal
    I don't think that's possible because the DS doesn't even have a bluetooth hardware that's either found on cellphones, PC or anything similar.

6. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    You'd need bluetooth hardware in the DS before you make the software >.>

Would be nice though. And you are a kid aren't you? Making homebrew isn't simple at all.

7. xaznwi3rd0
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    Yeah I'm a kid, so? Sure making homebrew is hard, but at least I can try.

8. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    DSerial + USB Bluetooth adaptor + Custom stack + Slot-2 card + Lots of your time = DS Bluetooth

Easy when you think about it

9. gigermunit

gigermunit GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2007
    United States
    Orlando
    who the hell wants to carry a bluetooth enabled ds in america?

10. Mieki

Mieki GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2007
    I still dont see why you should have Blutooth on your DS. Just get regular earphones and you're good to go. Blutooth = Free Viruses

11. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    I don't think it would be hard at all. All you would need would need is a bluetooth transmitter that's connected to the sound port of DS. Optimally, it would fit in the slot-2. You wouldn't need any homebrew because it doesn't communicate to the DS in any way.

You can't really write a bluetooth homebrew for the DS with software only anyways.

Why bother though? There's really no useful function, considering bluetooth headsets make you look like a jackass.

12. Gilrad

Gilrad Newbie

quoted for truth [​IMG]

anyway, one thing people should realize about these "they should make a slot2 X hardware" musings is, the only serious way these things get used is through homebrew. Maybe I'm wrong (taking a guess here), but I don't think the Acekard RPG has a heck of a lot of homebrew support, despite it's usb port.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice