DS application to download roms

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by C4isBad, Aug 23, 2007.

Aug 23, 2007
  1. C4isBad
    OP

Newcomer C4isBad Member

United States
    I can't say I follow the homebrew scene all too well, so i'm going to ask a few questions to see if this may already exist.

I'm interested in an application that would allow me to connect via wifi to an internet location and download said file to my Slot-1 Device.

For example:
    I set up a server to hold all my roms, I then connect to it via my DS and download the rom that I choose.

I know with DSFTP i can send files TO my DS.

Is there any application that can accomplish such a feat?

2. acidrain

Newcomer acidrain Advanced Member

Canada
    Maybe it would be possible with DSLinux. With the command wget, you can download from any url. So you'd have to type "wget url_to_your_rom".

I'm not even sure that the wget command is in DSLinux, but you could give it a try.

EDIT: You could also connect to a ftp server with the command "ftp server" where server is the address of the ftp server

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    DSFTP allows you to transfer both to and from the DS, though its use of gba_nds_fat instead of libfat makes it crash often. Lilou FTP uses libfat but reportedly corrupts cards for other reasons.

HTTPexec downloads the file specified in the "httpexec.conf" file and writes it to "bootme.nds" on the root of your card by default. It then attempts to boot it, though this often fails for me. It can only handle files up to 2-3 mb in size from my experience.

4. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    Maybe DSOrganize's integraded Homebrew Database system could be used for that?

5. GeekShadow

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
  6. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I tried that once, but it's incredibly hard! If someone could make some guide or something it would be nice...

I need a n00b guide though, I didn't even know how to run the PHP-script XD

7. GeekShadow

Member GeekShadow GBAtemp Fan

France
    I will make a tutorial soon and maybe a website for people who don't want to setup her own database