OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
DS App Studio

System Requirments(For beta versions and the first release)

~ Windows XP or better

~ Microsoft.NET 3.5(Ask me if it works for earlier versions, and I will help)

~ Install on the C: drive(for the beta versions and the first release)

DS App Studio Homepage: Here

DS App Studio Community: Here

I have been thinking that homebrew development made easy should be accessible to all without any limitations, so I have decided that DS App Studio will be a free software. All content in this software will be free.

I accept donations - http://www.awsomisoft.com/downloads.html - so that I may help better this software.

Now, on to business. People have been asking some of the following questiosn:

Q: Will this mean you are not adding the advanced capabilities?
A: I will add the advanced functionalities. I believe that people should be able to use all of the functions that were in the Pro version, since it is now free for all to use.

Q: Does this mean I can distribute it for money?
A: Under any circumstances, no. Even though this program is free, it is still under license.

Q: Will people be able to use the DSAL compiler to make their own Nintendo DS homebrew makers?
A: For a while, I have been thinking about doing that. I may distribute a compiler of DSAL for developers to use to make their own IDEs or even compilers.

Q: Will DS App Studio still be under development?
A; Of course. Why would I stop?

Q: Will there be other programs out there that you will release?
A: As a matter of fact, we are. We are developing a new SDK for the Nintendo DSi called DSiDK, or Nintendo DSi SDK. This SDK will be based of DSAL, but more functions will be there since there will be functionality for using the camera on the Nintendo DSi.

Q: What if I donate? Will I earn something?
A: Yes of course. The idea of helping someone improving the future of the Nintendo DS homebrew world...

If you have any more questions, contact me at [email protected]

Thank You!

D

Deleted_171835

Great!
This will make homebrew more accessible to those who don't know how to code!
Your site looks quite ugly, though. Change the design.
Edit: I suppose you're only doing this because DS App Studio didn't get much sales (if it got any at all) when it cost money.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, I will soon port DS App Studio to Mac. For now, you could use Virtual Machine(I think it is for Mac as well).

2. I believe so. DS App Studio is a windows application, soon to be ported to Mac, and I wouldn't see why not it wouldn't work on Cross Over. I have been getting people to test DS App Studio on Mac, and they have been having suspicions that the windows version of DS App Studio will not work on Mac because of the file system that DS App Studio.

Well, actually I decided to make this free because I believe that all people should be open to this software. I don't really care about money.

Edit: I will be fixing up the site soon. I have been trying to make it compatible to all screen resolutions.

I will also be adding compatibilities for Nintendo DSi. Team Cyclops is giving me the development kit to add to DS App Studio. Soon enough, I will also being adding 3D capabilities. I have been working on vectors, polygons, and all of that other stuff to make 3D functionality in DS App Studio. I am also there, so it will be coming soon. I will be fixing the sprite system because I just figured out that it will only allow you to create one sprite at a time. A bug to fix, another to find as they say.

I also have been working on another engine called DSGDK, or DS game development kit. Since DS App Studio is meant for developing Nintendo DS applications, I have making an engine to make sure people can make games as well without the hassle of making an engine themselves.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I might give this a whirl and make a sample tech demo of myself.

EDIT: It's giving me a bazillion errors. One of them is an Unhandled excaption. I can find the directory it specifies (C:\DSAppStudio\Project Templates) but the program doesn't seem to. Now, I can't do anything- it seems to not be finding anything on my computer.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd love to try this when it's released for Mac. Hopefully the GUI will conform to Apple's guidelines and look much better.

Any chance you could drop me a PM or whatever when it is? I really don't have the time to check your site every day to see...

loco365

Trophies
XP
RoyalCardMan said:
1. What was the unhandled expception?
2. What did you do to get this error?
It gives me TONS of them. I followed the default installation place that the program offers, and I get error messages from not finding the projects folder to not finding the project templates folder. If I try to use an image, it says it cannot find part of the file or something along that line. It's incredibly annoying as I cannot do anything at all.

One: On startup, "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DSAppStudio\Projects'"
Two: After I click on New Project, "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DSAppStudio\Project Templates'" - Won't supply the list of templates to use (Blank file, Hello World... etc.)
Three: If I continue with that and make a name and click create, it says "InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index'. Parameter name: index."

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
I would actually like that. Once you are done with the site design, you can send me the files of the website and I will host them.

I am working on making the DS App Studio IDE a little bit better. I just have to finish some more functions, and then I will work on that.

Okay, from the start, what is actually happening, such as what is the actual message. I only can help if you give me every thing it says.

Is it only the errors with project templates?

loco365

Trophies
XP
RoyalCardMan said:
I would actually like that. Once you are done with the site design, you can send me the files of the website and I will host them.

I am working on making the DS App Studio IDE a little bit better. I just have to finish some more functions, and then I will work on that.

Okay, from the start, what is actually happening, such as what is the actual message. I only can help if you give me every thing it says.

Is it only the errors with project templates?
I edited that post slightly. Take another look and see if anything else can be done. If not, I'll see if I can find anything else to help.

tl;dr: everytime it access something that is external, it gives me an error.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you install the program in the C: or D drive? Some people install the program in the D drive.

Okay, just to make sure there are no other errors, go to the next tab next to the Start Page tab and enter the following code:
Code:
say("Hello, World!");
wait();
endif();

Edit: Okay, I found the problem. I made the installation wrong. Sorry about that.

Instead of doing C:\DSAppStudio I did C:\DS App Studio

I will be making another installation and putting it on the website.

Uninstall the program and once I announce the new download, download and install it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
RoyalCardMan said:
Did you install the program in the C: or D drive? Some people install the program in the D drive.

Okay, just to make sure there are no other errors, go to the next tab next to the Start Page tab and enter the following code:
Code:
say("Hello, World!");
wait();
endif();
It's in C:\.

I copied and pasted the text you supplied. Upon pressing Ctrl + V, it threw me an error.
"Index was outside the bounds of the array."
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at UrielGuy.SyntaxHighlightingTextBox.SyntaxHighlightingTextBox.OnTextChanged(Event
rgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at UrielGuy.SyntaxHighlightingTextBox.SyntaxHighlightingTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4206 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AwsomiSoft DS App Studio
Assembly Version: 0.4.7.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS%20App%20Studio/AwsomiSoft%20DS%20App%20Studio.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SyntaxHighlightingTextBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3649.34037
Win32 Version: 1.0.3649.34037
CodeBase: file:///C:/DS%20App%20Studio/SyntaxHighlightingTextBox.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

If you need any more of those, just ask.

loco365

Trophies
XP
RoyalCardMan said:
I found the reason why. I made the installation wrong. Uninstall the program and then once I announce the new download here, download it again and install it.
Mmkay. I'll be waiting.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hope you've had a good morning.