Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
logonqv.png
Version Beta 0.5​

After fixing the bugs, I have finally released the new beta of DS App Studio. You can download it on the website at http://www.awsomisoft.com/. Here are things I have added to this beta:

• Adding fonts
  • A log of the compilation process
  • When compiling, you can now easily see the warnings, or errors, that were made during the compiltion.

Here are a few things I removed from the software:

• A few buttons that were un needed(such as a duplicate of the Compilation button in the Project menu.

And here are the things I fixed in this beta:

• The makefile error during compilation
  • Exceptions with the Temp.NDS not existing.
  • The NO$GBA emulator not being able to find the compiled NDS when the compilation process was succesful.

There were a few minor things that happened that I didn't put in the list, but they weren't really important. I will be making a video tutorial soon of how to use certain functions and features.

Please post suggestions and bugs here. Thank you!

Also, for 3D models, there are a few 3D modeling programs people can use to make 3D models for their games and applications. Here they are:

Blender - A highly advanced, but somewhat diffecult to learn 3D modeler - http://www.blender.org/ - Free

Anim8or - A very simple and easy-to-learn 3D modeler, but is not very powerful - http://www.anim8or.com/ - Free

AutoDesk 3ds Max - A very sophisticated, and I think easy to use software for 3D modeling - http://usa.autodesk.com/3ds-max/ - Free Trial

Continuing on, all the 3D modelers will have to be able to export(or save) the models as the types of extensions below:

.x

.3ds

.obj

The file size of the models are LIMITED to how much they can be. I do not have an accurate estimate, which I am still testing, but the biggest size they can be is 10.4-12.04 KB. If people want to test this, they can. If the file size is to big, an error will occur in the emulator. This means the model(s) used were to large. If people test and get an exact(or close) size, PM me.

For now, I will be making 3D models(using Blender) for people to use. Once I have made enough of them, I will be making a webpage on the website showing users resources they can use to make their games and applications in DS App Studio. There will be some resources that are Public Domain, but the rest will be under licensing. I may even sell some models(resources) to get money to support the huge project.

Thank you!

Csteal1556

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is There A Tutorial Up Yet? What Are Some Beginers Projects One Can Create With This Perhaps A 2d Platform Like Mario?
If So Will There BE a Tutorial Up About it?

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Csteal1556 said:
Is There A Tutorial Up Yet? What Are Some Beginers Projects One Can Create With This Perhaps A 2d Platform Like Mario?
If So Will There BE a Tutorial Up About it?
I am still working on the tutorial
frown.gif

A full 2D platformer like mario could be done, but it may take longer because the mario platformer us such a huge game.

One simple starter project(if you want to automatically get started in 3D) could be a simple puzzle game(forgot what the name of the game is).

I will even make a game with the software to make an example.
smile.gif

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
Hate to be a downer this soon, but it cannot find No$GBA.exe.
Well, that is just great.

Try going to C:\DSAppStudio\NO$GBA. It may not be in the folder(It may not be the software, but the installer).

If it is the installer, I will have to fix it. Sorry.
frown.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
RoyalCardMan said:
Team Fail said:

Try going to C:\DSAppStudio\NO$GBA. It may not be in the folder(It may not be the software, but the installer).

frown.gif
Yeah. It wasn't in there. I just downloaded a copy of NO$GBA and put it in there and it worked.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
RoyalCardMan said:
Team Fail said:

frown.gif
Yeah. It wasn't in there. I just downloaded a copy of NO$GBA and put it in there and it worked.
Okay, good. Though, I will have to make sure that I fix that bug in DS App Studio, so if it doesn't exist, it doesn't give errors like that.

Anyways, good to know it works.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
master00d said:
man looking forward for this program
toot.gif

an awesome work ..........but can i ask you one thing?
why not use c/++ language as the main one ?
Well, actually you can use both in DSAL. There is a function called cppscript(); that allows you to use C++ in DSAL. So for example:

CODEcppscript("iprintf(\"Hello, World\");");

This just draws the text Hello World in the game or application, but it is easier to just do say("Hello, World");

The function allows people to use functions that may not be added to DSAL yet.

Edit: But this functions is considered an advanced feature, so in the AwsomiSoft forums, you would find C/C++ topics in Advanced Topics of DS App Studio, as a side note.

Mostly, beginners could use DSAL at first, but then once they get more advanced in the programming world, they would move on to some C/C++ coding in DSAL, and if they don't know how some functions C/C++ work, they could just use the DSAL version of that function. So, basically this language is flexable in terms of people able to use DSAL and C/C++ together.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
RoyalCardMan said:
master00d said:
man looking forward for this program
toot.gif

an awesome work ..........but can i ask you one thing?
why not use c/++ language as the main one ?
Well, actually you can use both in DSAL. There is a function called cppscript(); that allows you to use C++ in DSAL. So for example:

CODEcppscript("iprintf(\"Hello, World\");");

This just draws the text Hello World in the game or application, but it is easier to just do say("Hello, World");

The function allows people to use functions that may not be added to DSAL yet.

Edit: But this functions is considered an advanced feature, so in the AwsomiSoft forums, you would find C/C++ topics in Advanced Topics of DS App Studio, as a side note.

Mostly, beginners could use DSAL at first, but then once they get more advanced in the programming world, they would move on to some C/C++ coding in DSAL, and if they don't know how some functions C/C++ work, they could just use the DSAL version of that function. So, basically this language is flexable in terms of people able to use DSAL and C/C++ together.
awesome ........now just waiting for the linux version
wub.gif
yaynds.gif

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
I am almost there, actually. I just need to do a few things first in order for compilation to work. First, I will need someone to test it for Linux, but it isn't done yet. PM me if you want to be an alpha tester for the Linux version.

@Coolness
Wine wouldn't be able to run this because of how Wine runs applications. The only thing I can think of doing is doing a Multi-boot on the computer, if you have a Windows XP or higher disk.

EDIT: Ah, just my lucky day. I just found a program called Mono that will do everything for me. That is a new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1