DS and GBA

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by shaoranm, Feb 28, 2007.

1. shaoranm
    OP

shaoranm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2006
    Philippines
    Been a while since I posted, but anyway...

A lot of new games have already popped up since I last came here, and there were even some (to my surprise, I guess) that were using the slot-2 for bonus or secret stuffs (like Ace Attorney). Question is, is there a list out there noting which games use the slot-2 for unlocking some secret stuffs on the game? Some of the games I know are Phoenix Wright, Lunar Knights, and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Any other game/s on the list?

2. CrEsPo

CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2006
    Canada
    What do you mean by using the slot-2 to unlock bonuses? I never heard of this and it's kind of got me interested.

3. dOoBiX

dOoBiX Banned

Banned
    Jul 8, 2006
    United States
    Some DS games have special features when you link them with their slot 2 game.

For example, if you play Harvest Moon DS with Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) in the slot-2, new content will be unlocked, such as new music, new friends, etc.

4. pristinemog

pristinemog GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2006
    United States
    Tampa, FL
    Don't forget MegaMan ZX. You need the MegaMan Zero 3 and 4 carts in Slot-2 to play four respective bosses from each game in order to face Omega and get the OX armor.

5. kaspal

kaspal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2006
    Colombia
    Bogotá
    Megaman ZX does that also... if you have Megaman Zero 3 and 4 ... you can unlock the ultimate Omega Zero for you to use.

6. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Advance Wars DS with Advance Wars 1 or 2 allows you to buy new maps, and that Feel The Magic with one of the Sonic Advance games in there gave you more hair, I believe?

7. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
  8. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    What's the extra for phoenix wright? what gba game do you use and what is the bonus?

9. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    All three questions are answered in the link I just posted.

10. shaoranm
    OP

shaoranm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2006
    Philippines
    thanks for the link destructobot! Now to find these games.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    in a legitimate store right shaoranm [​IMG] .

12. jono_

jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2006
    so can you do this with a slot 2 flash cart, and a slot 1.
    nah you cant, can you?

ps. nice avatar spartan

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    @jono_ it will need to be a simple (probably older) cart like the EZFA, EZ1/2, XG..... (I use my EZ2 all the time for this sort of thing) that can have a rom written without a loader and so effectively act as an original cart (if you should need the save from the rom then write it as a passme2 compatible save), you might be able to get away with stuff like the EZ3 (i.e. and NAND/memory card -> RAM) if you can overwrite the loader with the rom but a lot of these sort of cards have code that is not easily overwritten.

A lot of GBA slot carts designed to work on the DS also support GBA-union/GBA-link/whatever said company decides to call it so you could simply make a save using that and transfer it back to another card.

14. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    lucky i have an ez4 ^^ (i think these functions can work on it, at least it supposably works on pokemon)

anyways, thanks for the info guys, nice stuff to know.

15. CrEsPo

CrEsPo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2006
    Canada
    Thanks for the explanation dOoBiX.

16. shaoranm
    OP

shaoranm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2006
    Philippines
    Precisely. [​IMG]

Now to find a legit store nearby. [​IMG]

17. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    duh!!! can u get them anywhere else??? hehe! lemme guess, "Wallgreens"?!!! lol weirdo...
    haaaa... anywhere else un ligunamit... is that even possible...? [​IMG] [​IMG]