ds and gba consoles

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by ianskill, Oct 26, 2006.

Oct 26, 2006

ds and gba consoles by ianskill at 11:10 AM (884 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ianskill
    OP

Newcomer ianskill Member

United Kingdom
    hi,and thanks for having me on the forum.i already have a ds(older firmware).i have decieded for the superpass,mini sd supercard rumble and 512mini sd.i now have 2x gba consoles for my 2 other girls.trying to deciede which option to take and poss cheapest way to satisfy both for playing there backups.i have had a quick read through and there seems to be so many carts and sites to choose.thanks

2. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    If you want the cheapest, get a supercard SD or CF. I don't remember which one is cheaper.

If you want no patching plus great ROM compat, wait for awhile and see what AceKard brings us. ALot of people have been saying some pretty good things about it. And theres another good slot1 that has good ROM compat.
    The only thing is the slot 1 only work with DS Roms

3. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Supercard isn't a great choice if you want to play GBA games. It has slowdown issues.

4. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    in my experience , EZ flash III rocks for GBA roms - something to think of for your girls

See ya

[​IMG]

5. ianskill
    OP

Newcomer ianskill Member

United Kingdom
    hi,thanks for the replies.i have been looking at the ez flash 4 and is only £4uk more than the supercard minisd anyway.after reading through the threads the ez flash cart wont compress roms like the supercard does and also doesnt support rtc,.people are saying not needed as this mainly used for 5+ games.as its for 2 girls i am getting for,i dont know now if this rtc is really needed for the type of games they will be playing.then again as already mentioned in loads of threads,seems better having compatibility using the ez flash rather than being disappointed and having many not playing on the sd card.

6. cherrypie

Newcomer cherrypie Member

Australia
    EZ-Flash 4 makes for a great gba cart even with a 256MB mini-sd card you can load a ton of games on them so pretty cost effective for GBA use. (I personally use a 1GB Mini-SD in mine, I rarely even half fill it).

With the Real Time Clock games, you're mostly just looking at the Pokemon games anyhow... and these can be patched to work without the RTC if you did want to play them.