Cliffius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I have a very weird problem with my DS. I have an R4, and recently it's been randomly shutting off and on when I had it in. I thought it was the R4's fault, added some tape to secure it, and my DS was still acting the same way. So I turn off the DS to take the R4 out, but the DS keeps resetting. When I was finally able to turn it off for good, I took out the R4, and as I was shutting the lid, the DS turned back on. I realized I can turn my DS on and off by snapping the lid in various positions. Does this make sense? Basically, my DS can not stay on or off. It does what it likes based on if I bump it or not. I got my DS when it first came out, but I don't think it should be acting up after only having it for a year and a half. Any ideas?

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may be the most bizarre malfunctioning of a DS I've ever heard of. I'm sorry to say, I have absolutely no idea what's going on with that thing. My only idea is (assuming you have the fat DS) that maybe the power button is loose and therefore somehow keeps pressing it? I'm not sure. If it's the DS Lite, it might be the same problem, but the sliding part is broken, and it slides when you bump it.

It might be a poltergeist. Try Holy Water.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It might be a poltergeist. Try Holy Water.

I'm gonna have to agree. Holy Water is always the best solution
laugh.gif

But seriously, there may be a loose or broken connection somewhere inside. It may have to be replaced.

Cliffius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a DS Lite.

Yea, I can open it up, whack it with my hand, and it'll turn on. Good party entertainment.

But I figured I'd have to replace it. No chance on getting a free replacement, I'm assuming, since I bought it awhile ago.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well you are the first to mention something like this. Have you checked the power switch at the side? As others have mentioned there's a good chance something is afoot there.
Lastly have you already opened up your DS Lite once to check the power switch? If not you might want to try, just don't forget to read the instructions somewhere at the top of this forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1