DS #5856: The Amazing Spider-Man (Europe)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This has two strikes against it before even touching it:

- It's a movie tie-in.
- It's made by Other Ocean Interactive, NOT Gyptonite.

To be blunt, it might be passable, but it won't have the formula that Gryptonite has gotten down. As well, the screenshots I've seen don't make this game seem sophisticated at all. All in all, this game is probably pretty easy to justify skipping. I might give it a shot just because I enjoyed most of the other Spider-Man DS titles, but I won't be trying it expecting a stellar experience by any means.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has two strikes against it before even touching it:

- It's a movie tie-in.
- It's made by Other Ocean Interactive, NOT Gyptonite.

To be blunt, it might be passable, but it won't have the formula that Gryptonite has gotten down. As well, the screenshots I've seen don't make this game seem sophisticated at all. All in all, this game is probably pretty easy to justify skipping. I might give it a shot just because I enjoyed most of the other Spider-Man DS titles, but I won't be trying it expecting a stellar experience by any means.

Currently up to Mission 9, its okish. You can combo the enemies and dodge attacks, though i think my current time on it is uinder an hour, so it seems pretty short. Though no clue how many missions it has in it. You can also skip past some of the enemies, though some rooms you have to fight enemies since the doors will require keycards, even one of the doors on the outside of NYC >.>

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was developed by Other Ocean Interactive and it isn't the best in my opinion.
Yeah it's as meh as their last offering which disappointed me greatly because they did the excellent Dark Void Zero. Not had a good portable Spider-Man game since Mysterio's Menace on GBA about 13 years ago. The Griptonite ones were okish but they just lacked a certain polish and the gameplay got stale after a bit, certainly nothing compared to that amazing Spyro game they did.

Sadly Griptonite are very hit and miss so its hard to say if this would be better, one minute they do something fantastic like Harry Potter GBC and the next something dire like Captain America...maybe they don't get enough de time. Also their games are getting very samey and cookie cutter.

Blocky screens:
_-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-DS-_.jpg
_-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-DS-_.jpg

It does look better than these screens, but not by that much. I think Other Ocean probably had a month or two to make it and I blame Activision for that as the developer can do something good if they get the time.

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Already beat it on Wood R4 1.49 (didn't found any AP). The game is too short and mediocre (like Edge of Time). The Griptonite ones are much better, in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr