Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
as far as i remember the korean version was fully translated...
This game was originally Korean anyway...
what does that have to do with anything i said? Why do we need a translation for this game when there's already a english translation for the korean version?
Why?

It would be a more accurate translation, as I would think that around here, more people would know Japanese than Korean.

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what does that have to do with anything i said? Why do we need a translation for this game when there's already a english translation for the korean version?
Why?

It would be a more accurate translation, as I would think that around here, more people would know Japanese than Korean.
finally someone that actually answers, but the korean translation was pretty accurate tbh

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why?

finally someone that actually answers, but the korean translation was pretty accurate tbh
Even if it was, it didn't make any sense.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe now we can have a proper translation?!

True, now is in Japanese version, translators good luck , because the other translation 0.04 blue shell is abandoned :teach:
It's "red Snail" and it's not "officially" abandoned. Ziggy just signed up and is working on it currently, along with Punyman.

Correct. The only reason I'm not working on it right now, other than real life, is that I'm working on something else at the moment. However, if someone is willing to step up and translate this version, that'd be awesome, editing actual English is way easier than editing the half-legible translation..

In fact, I believe the first 3 chapters of the warrior line has been edited into legible English. I might make a patch...

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The English "translation" is honestly Google Translated then edited into proper English.
...so it's a proper translation.
In my experience it's not possible to turn Google english into "proper" english since google mis-traslates 50% of the time...
exactly, i remember playing the translation and it's fully understandable, so dunno what the problem is.
Wow. Ron must be a beast. Most of the Google translated text was gobbledygook.

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
okay my bad guys, as far as i remembered, the translated version was playable. I guess a properly translated one won't hurt.
No it won't. A proper translation would potentially get the project a page on romhacking.net, more people would make an attempt to play... It would be an all-around good thing.

Also, to those who said google english isn't proper and can't be... It can be proper if you do a word-by-word translation and make a guesstimation as to the best possible translation of the phrase.

Reactions: 1 person

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I saw this post elsewhere, but I didn't want to post in that thread because it would've been off-topic, so I took it here:

@[member='Sora de Eclaune']
Also, to those who said google english isn't proper and can't be... It can be proper if you do a word-by-word translation and make a guesstimation as to the best possible translation of the phrase.
Wrong.

Try translating these using Google. I want to see what meanings you can come up with:
オバマ大統領は、すべての外国人は身の安全のため、速やかにイラクを離れるようにと言っています。

翻訳では難しい漢字や言い回しがあり、多くの芝居には仏教にかかわる複雑な内容が含まれています。

日本語、英語両方できて、そして仕事を成功させる自信と情熱があふれている、私こそ、この仕事にもっともふさわしいと説得した。
Think those are easy? Ok, then try these:
叉夢羅偉

愛羅武勇

夜露死苦

僕が言わなきゃなんねぇ
Tell me what you think those mean and then I'll give you the correct answers. Mind you, the ones in the second spoiler are lifted straight from games that are currently being translated. I didn't make them up just to prove an extreme point. This is what you can typically expect to encounter when translating games.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Playable =/= Understandable.

The gobbledygook is horrible, but again, if you want to play some first 2 and a half chapters properly, grab the files from the SVN, and patch it yourself, then try out the first 2.5 chapters of the Warrior storyline. It should be in near perfect English, unless I screwed up the lines for some reason.

However, a translation from this would be great, as it wouldn't be in crapglish! B-)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand why people want this so badly. Those that could actually understand it had very little good to say about it. There are much better games that actually deserve a translation. If this game were omitted to translate something that was actually worthwhile, well, that would be fantastic. Considering the game isn't a gem though, I don't foresee anybody except a fan of Maple Story taking this potential project up.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people want this so badly. Those that could actually understand it had very little good to say about it. There are much better games that actually deserve a translation. If this game were omitted to translate something that was actually worthwhile, well, that would be fantastic. Considering the game isn't a gem though, I don't foresee anybody except a fan of Maple Story taking this potential project up.
It's another mindless One-Player-Story-Mode-MMO for people to play. That's why people want it so badly.

taarna23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, regardless of the WHY to it (personally, I like squashing monsters WITHOUT having random bots beat me to them), I have the Japanese text files all extracted, but have no translator. I've also confirmed that I can indeed make changes and reinsert just fine. Just putting that out there for any potentially bored translators, as my friend that could do it is already neck-deep in work.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, regardless of the WHY to it (personally, I like squashing monsters WITHOUT having random bots beat me to them), I have the Japanese text files all extracted, but have no translator. I've also confirmed that I can indeed make changes and reinsert just fine. Just putting that out there for any potentially bored translators, as my friend that could do it is already neck-deep in work.
If you can't find anyone on here, Romhacking.net's Forums might have some help for you.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I tried playing the korean version, I thought the game sucked pretty hard. I mean there was massive slowdown anytime I even attacked an enemy. Whats up with that? Is this version exactly the same, or have there been any improvements?

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't realize I was replying to a several months old post :P

ShiKage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm apologize for posting in a couple-month-old thread.

However, I've been looking all over the place for a MapleStory DS Japan anti-piracy patch to be able to play it on my CycloDS, to no avail. I happened to stumble across this thread in the process. I remember the Korean version of the game having a translation project, but it seemed to have hit a road block and never went anywhere after that. With this thread, however, it seems there is still interest in the game being translated. That being, I'd like to offer my help in this issue.

I can speak Japanese to a moderate level and I can translate very well, as I do translations for the official Japanese MapleStory information as well as prior translations of Hyrule Historia (no advertisement intended). If there is still interest as of this moment in this project, I would be glad to help anyone that can either give me a working patch for the game or a text dump with all of the text in the game (or both). I would like a working anti-piracy patch for Youtube videos and whatnot, since recording a DS game through with a camera isn't exactly the best thing ever...

If either of these requests are possible, I would be glad to help you guys with this project.

Thank you.

GameBoyAGS101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have waited 6 years for someone to update this, so i made an account specifically to check up on this translation of the japanese to english translation that is said to be "proper". I recently bought an R43DS and plyed the korean to english translation... honestly, it was bad... i could not understand a word they were saying 70% of the time. I'm hoping this post will encourage the japanese to english translation. I'm currently studying japanese and know very little... so id prefer to play that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all