DS #5684: Wipeout 2 (USA)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels weird thinking that somewhere in the world someone is still making games for an old system, and even more weird that not one person says, "Dude, you assembled some staff to make a Wipeout 2 DS game??".

Metallion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Damnit man this is just evil. Don't call something Wipeout if it doesn't have lightning fast hover cars. I'm gonna go cry in a corner now. :(

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
there is an reason why they still make games for the older ds systems
the reason is : the game companys doesnt have enough mony to make 3ds games (just what i think)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
okay explain me something, you guys

Bethesda software sues Mojo for *planning* to release a game called "scroll" (because it infriges the trademarked name The Elder Scrolls, or something like that)
on the other hand, a game gets released with exactly the same name as another famous franchise, but everyone's OK with that?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
okay explain me something, you guys

Bethesda software sues Mojo for *planning* to release a game called "scroll" (because it infriges the trademarked name The Elder Scrolls, or something like that)
on the other hand, a game gets released with exactly the same name as another famous franchise, but everyone's OK with that?
I guess it's because Wipeout is a popular TV show, while WipEout is the popular game :P

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feels weird thinking that somewhere in the world someone is still making games for an old system, and even more weird that not one person says, "Dude, you assembled some staff to make a Wipeout 2 DS game??".

That not that weird, actually. There are DS games scheduled for release into 2012, one or two high-profile, such as Devil Survivor 2. And it's less surprising/weird that a game like this would still be published for DS, since this is something that has a better chance of actually making its way onto Walmart shelves than a AAA game moms never heard of. There are a lot more DS owners who have haven't adopted 3DS than there are 3DS owners.

Reactions: 1 person

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just to me it's weird because all these great games coming soon and they actually had to put a little team together to make this. I just couldn't imagine creating a game like this for DS while thinking of the great games like Skyrim and Skyward Sword.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

That not that weird, actually. There are DS games scheduled for release into 2012, one or two high-profile, such as Devil Survivor 2. And it's less surprising/weird that a game like this would still be published for DS, since this is something that has a better chance of actually making its way onto Walmart shelves than a AAA game moms never heard of. There are a lot more DS owners who have haven't adopted 3DS than there are 3DS owners.
Say original poster, what about people like me who think the 3DS is an overpriced piece of shit and are waiting for the "3DS Lite" or something before they even consider buying it? I still keep my DS around all the time... so the more games, the better. To be honest, I see a lot of DS systems being carried around, and only a handful 3DS systems. DS is still by and large the dominant portable, and will continue to be for at least for another year or so.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Say original poster, what about people like me who think the 3DS is an overpriced piece of shit and are waiting for the "3DS Lite" or something before they even consider buying it? I still keep my DS around all the time... so the more games, the better. To be honest, I see a lot of DS systems being carried around, and only a handful 3DS systems. DS is still by and large the dominant portable, and will continue to be for at least for another year or so.

I think it's a waste of time to wait for a new 3DS revision. Just get it and enjoy it. And they will probably make a 3DS XL, not Lite. Plus it's pretty cheap now. It's only a win win to buy it now.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I think it's a waste of time to wait for a new 3DS revision. Just get it and enjoy it. And they will probably make a 3DS XL, not Lite. Plus it's pretty cheap now. It's only a win win to buy it now.
And what game exactly am I supposed to play on this system that isn't a remake/rehash/rerelease?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte