DS #5668: Aliens: Infestation (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Sep 28, 2011.

1. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    Is it really that short? How many hours did you play, Hadrian?

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    Probably 2 and a half hours perhaps. Didn't time myself but this is going by 2 lunch hours and when I gave it a first go.

Its fairly basic difficulty wise, anyone who is used to these sort of games can wizz through it.

3. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2007
    Poland
    Poland
    Having wonderful 2d graphic yet maintaining the "spirit" of alien movies and games. This game is must have eaven if you're not Alien fan.
    PS
    Loosing teammembers and being too lazy to restart from save to not let them die [​IMG]

4. Ergo

Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    United States
    Eh, it was OK, like most of WF's stuff: competent, good work on the graphics, but the gameplay in most of their games is just flat and generic (they gave you some interesting options here, but there was virtually no need to use any of them--I played it like Contra, and had no problems whatsoever blowing through it). And what was up w/ fighting bosses? Am I the only one that found the most effective boss-killing strategy was standing on top of a boss and just tossing grenades at them until they died? (And, yeah, it suffered from AVP on Jaguar syndrome where it appears the enemy troops and the aliens are on the same team which just drove me absolutely nuts about that game and does the same here.)

5. aragon

aragon GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Just killed the first boss, but lost three marines :-((
    After that, I have only one marine left, and the game did an autosave on the next chapter :-0

Does that mean I have to replay all of it to get back to normal?!
    Read the comments on the game being quite short, I'm at 28% now, so I think I will have to start over...

6. .Darky

.Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2008
    Peru
    Lima
    You'll find new marines eventually, don't worry.

EDIT: I'm a fucking ninja.

7. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    No you don't have to start over because you will find other marines to replace the ones you lost.

Edit: Darky was first.

8. aragon

aragon GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Ok, thanks guys, so at least I don't have to restart now.
    [​IMG]