DS #5656: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (USA)

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh right, DS existed. time to dust off my ol' DSiXL and start playing this game.

gosh, I really forgot about that thing, I actually clicked DS releases by accident, then I saw this.

BEST.ACCIDENT.EVAR!

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems this is the AP Patch that fix disappearing people on the Airship: https://sites.google.com/site/dicaztia/Dica..._Patch_v0.2.zip

From the source site, this is how you use it:

QUOTE said:
Here is the AP (Anti Piracy) Fix:
1. Download ?Dicastia_AP-Patch?
2. Extract them to a new folder
3. Drag the ROM onto the Dicastia-Patch.exe
4. Click Yes then click OK to finish

I'd love to have a cheat for it, instead of relying on a patch (Using CycloDS Evo here), but it seems cheat database isn't updated for a few months now
frown.gif

I hope this helps some people out there
smile.gif

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway for us to find a cheat.dat with cheats for this game, if it isn't gonna be on the cheat database? Because I would hate to put in every single code, one by one. >_>

nikochanr3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the right patch. And when you are playing, there is a section with TWO RED BUTTONS. Do not save after the first red button, make sure you save only after you push both, and confirm you can now fight the boss. If you save after the first red button, and have the wrong AP patch, you are fucked, there is no fix even if you find the correct patch.

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looking for some quick help. I just finished getting spit out of the worm and receiving the Mysterious Medal. Back at the Albatross Rory Bellows tells me to head out to Doubtback.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get there. I have explored all of Treepidation and using Zoom the only 2 options I have are to go to the Albatross and Treepidation. How to I make my way to Doubtback? What am I missing?

Nudger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheZoc said:
It seems this is the AP Patch that fix disappearing people on the Airship: https://sites.google.com/site/dicaztia/Dica..._Patch_v0.2.zip

From the source site, this is how you use it:

QUOTE said:
Here is the AP (Anti Piracy) Fix:
1. Download ?Dicastia_AP-Patch?
2. Extract them to a new folder
3. Drag the ROM onto the Dicastia-Patch.exe
4. Click Yes then click OK to finish

I'd love to have a cheat for it, instead of relying on a patch (Using CycloDS Evo here), but it seems cheat database isn't updated for a few months now
frown.gif

I hope this helps some people out there
smile.gif

Is anywhere offering a pre-patched version? I am on OSX and can't use the patcher
frown.gif

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to access the world map to go to Doubtback instead of using Zoom. This applies to any new world areas that you wish to access when it is first unlocked. Easiest is to go to the Albatross and then leave without using Zoom.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kompact said:
Looking for some quick help. I just finished getting spit out of the worm and receiving the Mysterious Medal. Back at the Albatross Rory Bellows tells me to head out to Doubtback.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get there. I have explored all of Treepidation and using Zoom the only 2 options I have are to go to the Albatross and Treepidation. How to I make my way to Doubtback? What am I missing?

lol

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frank Cadena said:
You have to access the world map to go to Doubtback instead of using Zoom. This applies to any new world areas that you wish to access when it is first unlocked. Easiest is to go to the Albatross and then leave without using Zoom.

Thanks for the reply Frank I appreciate it. Now I have dumb question #2 for you or anyone else - where is the world map!? I searched the Albatross and when I hit "X" to bring up my menu it is not in there either - where do i find the world map?

I played the first DQM all the way through and loved it. If you wanted to travel somewhere you just hoped on a jet ski and went to the island of your choice, can't seem to figure it out on this one though. Thanks
smile.gif

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
@Kompact: Remember how you went to Treepidation the first time from the Albatross, without using Zoom? Do that again to access the world map. It can be accessed anywhere, not just the Albatross.

The big arrow that you see at the area map at the touchscreen shows where the area entrance is. Go there and you will access the World Map.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Frank Cadena said:
There are legal limits but there isn't a chance anyone who doesn't use the save editor is going to inform people what they are. There are obvious ones, like Size-1 monsters can only have 3 Skills and traits cannot be inherited, meaning if a monster has a trait that it shouldn't have then it's modded and if you happen to go on wireless to connect to the server...

Anyways, that doesn't mean you cannot use the editor. You just have to be within the parameters of what is achievable during the course of a normal gameplay.

do you think there's really an anti-hack solution implemented on wifi? and no, I'm not against use of codes or editors, I'm against making god chars with them.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. If you are on the WMC, your tally will always reset itself until you have a legitimate monster. What I mean by legitimate is your monster could also be gotten the old fashion way of grinding but you just decided to to use the Save Editor to make things go faster. This is confirmed because I have already heard people complaining of their Tally never increasing when they go online because of Save Editing beyond what's possible during normal gameplay.

What's unconfirmed is you being kicked off the server when you try to battle strangers and friends with monsters that cannot possibly have skills and traits that they do. I haven't heard of anyone that has had this happen to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.