DS #5608: Tennis no Oji-Sama Gyutto! Dokidoki Survival Umi to Yama no

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    ^^ndsrelease-7075^^

2. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    [youtube]albuy1l229A[/youtube]

3. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    another dating game -.-V

they should stick to Tennis Games (love the playable ones) and maybe translate some to english instead of making more and more of this stuff ... can't imagine japanese girls sitting in front of their DS playing something like this oO

4. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

Apr 25, 2009
    United States
    Away from civilization.

Actually, quite a few of them do.
    Even hundreds of non-Japanese girls and guys. Just like hundreds of Japanese and non-Japanese guys and girls play games like Love Plus. It's not uncommon.

5. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    ah and i was expecting a fantastic tennis game probably the best tennis game mechanics of all time even better than virtua and top spin
    is love passion even a jap word(s)

6. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    wow...japan doesn't have enough of these games?

why doe the cover kinda look yahoi though? [​IMG]

7. rastsan

rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard,

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    yummy athletic asian-ish guys who are willing to date... perfect for the shy girl...
    for the bisexual male who is into asian men...meh
    Does it have mini-games like duel love?

Interesting....

8. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Probably to attract women (most of shojo mangas are drawn with this style)

9. cosmiccow

cosmiccow Original Hippie

Feb 5, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Well, I can see this being popular amongst older girls (and guys), much more than Imagine: Horse Coiffeur or something.

In fact I would like to see more interactive visual novel games in english (or german:P). Instead of doing another ten bejeweled clones, hidden object games or something, they could do something like this.

I'm not so much interested in dating sims, but crime, fantasy, mystery etc. would certainly peek my interest.

10. miruki

miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Awesometown
    Prince of Tennis is a shonen series as far as I know tho. And they didn't tinker the art style of the manga for the game to appeal more for girls, this series just has a damn huge female fanbase over in Japan. I've got to admit that I don't like the art (it doesn't look like shoujo stuff at all...) nor do I like the tennis theme. ;>

11. doyama

doyama GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    Oddly the first game for this series was an actual Tennis game. Not sure why they went all dating-sim on this one. I mean it's in Jump, so the demographics seems a bit... off.

12. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    It's probably more difficult to make a tennis game that's really fun and there are already good tennis games out there.

I think it's a good choice that they made dating sim games out of this series. This game offers a lot of guys for you to choose. (40 if I remember correctly.) And you can choose to stick with one guy to get his confession or play around with 2 guys and get 3P end (yay!) or be nice to everyone and get the harem end (YES!! XD).

By the way, for those who want to try this game, you can input a password to unlock special voice, or to boost your affection level for a certain team when the game starts, etc.

http://www.konami.jp/tenipuri/game/dokisab...word/index.html