DS #5599: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Chanser
    OP

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    ^^ndsrelease-7064^^

2. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    About time this got dumped.

It's essentially the same thing as the Griptonite Spidey games....same formula. So if you liked them, you will like this.

You'll want to bump up the brightness level for this game, most levels are very dark.

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Its quite shit indeed, Griptonite are a one trick pony. I had a lot of respect for them at one point but they just turn out bad games now.

I understand they have little time and resources to work from and have to do licensed games to make it but so do WayForward and while Thor DS was nothing special, it was clear they did what they can to make sure it wasn't like other licensed games.

4. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    there was a similar game to spiderman WoS correct? Can u say this is equal to that one (cant remember its name but it was a kids name)
    what did u mean when u said its about time rayder? was it like the game has been dumped late or finally a good action game?

5. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    out of nowhere....
    I think he was reffering to the fact that this game has been out for a while, I think it came out about the 7th of June. It seem though the dumping of games on the DS has slowed down since the 3DS's release.

6. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Won't defend Griptonite, as I agree, they've kinda run those Spidey mechanics into the ground with countless other DS games. But I have to say, Thor DS was a total disappointment for me. It was pretty but mind-numbingly repetitive.

I'll check this out because, one, I love Green Lantern, and well, I'm curious to see what Griptonite did with this thing. If it's at least as good as the last couple of Spidey games, I'll be content.

7. wasim

wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

Nov 13, 2010
    India
    Calicut
    Got this rom yesterday

Haven't played it yet LOL

8. Dann Woolf

Dann Woolf Deadpan Snarker

Oct 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    Deventer
    If you want a Green Lantern game, play Super Scribblenauts and add the adjective Green to every object you make.

9. Shockwind

Shockwind GBATemp's Official The Last of Us Fan

Dec 10, 2010
    inside a post-apocalyptic world.
    I tried that, but I'm still gonna try this game.

10. bejiman

bejiman GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2009
    Among the Griptonvania games, Shattered Dimensions is the best so far. The constructs look cool though I prefer solid combat system of the spidey games.