DS #5566: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (USA)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SmR_696 said:
Dont Buy this game If You have Already Played One Of The Lego games. You Fill find it Too Repetitive.
It is similar to other Lego games, obviously since they all use the same formula. However, I can recommend this game if you have played other Lego games, and you really like them. I just finished the 3DS version, and this is basically the same game by design. The game is fun, but there isn't very much action or enemies (only 2 enemies on screen at a time), and the sword duels are very boring and drawn out. The levels seem very short the first time through, but going through the second time on freeplay unlocks large portions of levels, giving the game some length. If you like Pirates of the Caribbean, and know what to expect from a Lego game, I say go for it. The game is crafted very well.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I never played any Lego games before. I wonder if this game's fun.
unsure.gif

preske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rastsan said:
Has anyone played this?
I'm thinking of getting it for my nephew.

Personally I wouldn't bother. It's extremely short, extremely easy. and doesn't compare to the other games, not by a long shot.
- Each movie is divided in 4 chapters, 16 in total.
- I finished the game in less then 4 hours, and got 100% in less then 9 hours.
- Some moviescenes are extremely dark and you can't see what happens at all.
- They have taken some liberties concerning said moviescenes, some don't follow the movies at all.
- There are almost NO enemies, and not even ONE lifethreatening situation. No tricky jumps, no falling stuff to avoid, nothing! (Okay, there is only one)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I've never played LEGO games on DS before, only GBA, Wii and PS2 so I think I'm gonna try one on the DS. As you seem to be saying that this one's crap which one should I try?

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
preske said:
rastsan said:
Has anyone played this?
I'm thinking of getting it for my nephew.

Personally I wouldn't bother. It's extremely short, extremely easy. and doesn't compare to the other games, not by a long shot.
- Each movie is divided in 4 chapters, 16 in total.
- I finished the game in less then 4 hours, and got 100% in less then 9 hours.
- Some moviescenes are extremely dark and you can't see what happens at all.
- They have taken some liberties concerning said moviescenes, some don't follow the movies at all.
- There are almost NO enemies, and not even ONE lifethreatening situation. No tricky jumps, no falling stuff to avoid, nothing! (Okay, there is only one)
And that's what makes it a good game. No frustrations. An easy, relaxing game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head