DS #5444: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (USA)

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Finally
tongue.gif

Works on DSTWO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My god you gotta looove Google Search Tools. Searched it in less than one minute.

Been expecting this for a while. I hope I get mesmerized by this game.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
GameWinner said:
Lol at the DBZ character on the box
Where have you been? Dragon Quest shares DBZ's artist, Akira Toriyama. That's the reason they look like DBZ characters. He also does the art for Blue Dragon.

It's more that every single thing he draws looks exactly like something else he's drawn. His style is boring, as he draws maybe 10 different face styles, 10 different hair styles, and uses all of them in ANYTHING he does. No originality...

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Nothing in this spoiler only made to stop the glitch

OMG about 120 on this page there's gonna be a lot of pages . Well I'm gonna start downloading it cuz i got nothing

to do here and i just got bored of waiting for the 3DS
smile.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
It's more that every single thing he draws looks exactly like something else he's drawn. His style is boring, as he draws maybe 10 different face styles, 10 different hair styles, and uses all of them in ANYTHING he does. No originality...
You know, I hear this a lot.
But think of it this way.
His style is very, very distinct. You can instantly tell when his art is being used.
You'd be hard pressed to instantly name an artist of any other anime/manga style.
Especially if you strip away clothing and accessories.

Even if you could, I'd like you to count all the different face/hair styles they use.

Toriyama's art is just distinct/unique to a fault and makes it easy for people to pick on.
Sure all of his art looks the same, as it should, since it's his style.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
shinkukage09 said:
His style is very, very distinct. You can instantly tell when his art is being used.
You'd be hard pressed to instantly name an artist of any other anime/manga style.

Even if you could, I'd like you to count all the different face/hair styles they use.

Toriyama's art is just distinct/unique to a fault and makes it easy for people to pick on.

It's more that...when I can see a hairstyle this guy's done, and instantly peg it to a DBZ character, then he doesn't try hard enough to make things look unique(er). His style is unique, yeah, but in the style itself, he reuses EVERYTHING.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shinkukage09 said:
Zarcon said:
shinkukage09 said:

It's more that...when I can see a hairstyle this guy's done, and instantly peg it to a DBZ character, then he doesn't try hard enough to make things look unique(er). His style is unique, yeah, but in the style itself, he reuses EVERYTHING.

Agreed, feels like playing a DBZ game...lol

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
Zarcon said:
shinkukage09 said:

Again, think of it this way.
How many other artists use that "DBZ" hairstyle?

Now think on all the various main characters of everything else.
How many of them share the same/very similar hairstyle?
I can't count the number of times I've seen the same hairstyle used for a main character.
All by different artists, but always the same dang hairstyle.

Toriyama's usual pick for a male main character hairstyle is more often than not the only unique one.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the popular AP signs?

So far using the patch that was mentioned earlia in the topic iv had no problems on the R4 wood firmware v1.24 thus far

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Worst timing ever.

Just when I'm getting into Dragon Quest harshly (I'm looking at you DQVIII), my MicroSD for my Acekard breaks. As in computers don't pick up on it. It'll make the bleepbloop sound, but it doesn't pick up on any computer.

Damn, I would love to play through this.

Hopefully now this will calm all the "US RELEASE GROUPS ARE DEAD" posts that I've been reading in each release thread and other game discussion threads.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Terenigma said:
Whats the popular AP signs?

So far using the patch that was mentioned earlia in the topic iv had no problems on the R4 wood firmware v1.24 thus far

The patch works with the Wood firmware flawlessly. No worries there.

For the record though, the AP is:
- Looping dream sequence at the start of the game
- Nobody in the second town

Some have reported freezing after the second town, but I'm pretty much 100% positive that it is just an error for them. People tend to mistake freezes caused by their firmware or MicroSD card for AP all the time.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it bother anyone else that they STILL dont change the menu/load screen from that pathetic white box and giant black background? i mean seriously its so dull. put a background there. make the white box fill the screen... DO ANYTHING to make it better
angry.gif

Also in the other DQ games do the characters run on the spot when you stand still? i swear they didnt and its bugging the hell outta me on this game lol

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terenigma said:
Does it bother anyone else that they STILL dont change the menu/load screen from that pathetic white box and giant black background? i mean seriously its so dull. put a background there. make the white box fill the screen... DO ANYTHING to make it better
angry.gif

Also in the other DQ games do the characters run on the spot when you stand still? i swear they didnt and its bugging the hell outta me on this game lol

Wow dude, you're on that menu for what, all of 2 seconds? OCD much?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse