Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZZGear said:
so this game is like an rts sports rpg

That's pretty close. In action, it plays a bit like Pokemon. Roam around the game world, recruit new players, engage in random soccer battles, and then take on schools in full matches. The matches and battles, however, are controlled pretty much like an RTS, but you can pause the action every so often to pre-calculate moves.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm using clean rom with DSTwo 1.09, and it freezes everytime I want to recruit Hollis Ticure and Tosh Coach (Connection map), anybody has the same problem with me? Is there any solution for this?

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Played it for a while last night. The localisation is pretty bizarre - I have no idea why they decided to rename the characters to really generic English names, especially when they've kept the name of the school in Japanese and of course the name of the game. It's like releasing a Naruto game where Naruto is called Kevin and Sasuke is called Peter. It reminds me horribly of 4kids stuff.

That aside, I'm sure it's a great game. You can't go far wrong with a Level 5 game.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
Played it for a while last night. The localisation is pretty bizarre - I have no idea why they decided to rename the characters to really generic English names, especially when they've kept the name of the school in Japanese and of course the name of the game. It's like releasing a Naruto game where Naruto is called Kevin and Sasuke is called Peter. It reminds me horribly of 4kids stuff.

That aside, I'm sure it's a great game. You can't go far wrong with a Level 5 game.
lol on the naruto part
and yeah this does remind me of 4kids

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
Hmm, playing a few hours more of it really makes me wonder why they went with the awkward and unintuitive control method of screen tapping and drawing lines everywhere. There are 30+ years of football games that have evolved a great control scheme for football in videogames - and one of the best series is Japanese, so it's not like they've missed out on it either. I guess it was easier than doing decent AI for your team; now they can just have them running around like headless chickens until you draw a line.

The problem is, it's incredibly hard to react to your opponents when a simple thing like making a player move to an open space is fiddly and unresponsive. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. In fact, I'm sure this game will just devolve into spamming special attacks to get goals and then going super defensive (and spamming defensive skills) so the control scheme and things like setting up through-passes and one-twos won't matter at all. Despite that, it's hard not to enjoy when the whole game is so polished and well crafted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...