DS #5314: Atari's Greatest Hits Volume 1 (USA)

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau

In the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, Atari introduced a new era in interactive entertainment with its addictive arcade games and home gaming system. Now with Atari’s Greatest Hits: Volume 1, a retro gaming revolution will be ignited on the Nintendo DS. Each spotlighted game will feature the same pick-up and play control scheme as their original arcade and 2600 form, with modern updates to align with the Nintendo DS platform.
Additionally, Atari’s Greatest Hits: Volume 1 will feature the original game manuals for each title, an Atari memorabilia showcase, and special bonus extras — including an Atari Trivia game where gamers can race against the clock to answer questions about Atari history and then post their scores to Atari.com.

ataris-greatest-hits-volume-1-20101020102703190_640w.jpg

ataris-greatest-hits-volume-1-20101020102659659_640w.jpg
ataris-greatest-hits-volume-1-20101020102701034_640w.jpg

Atari Arcade Hits
Asteroids, Battlezone, Centipede, Gravitar, Lunar Lander, Missile Command, Pong, Space Duel, Tempest

Atari 2600 Favorites
3D Tic-Tac-Toe, Adventure, Air-Sea Battle, Asteroids, Atari Video Cube, Basketball, Battlezone, Bowling, Centipede, Championship Soccer, Dodge ’Em, Flag Capture, Football, Fun with Numbers, Gravitar, Hangman, Haunted House, Home Run, Human Cannonball, Math Gran Prix, Miniature Golf, Missile Command, Outlaw, Realsports Baseball, Realsports Boxing, Realsports Football, Realsports Tennis, Realsports Volleyball, Sky Diver, Slot Maching, Slot Racers, Sprintmasters, Starship, Stella Track, Submarine Commander, Surround, Swordquest Earthworld, Swordquest Fireworld, Swordquest Waterworld, Tempest, Video Checkers

centipedeflyer.jpg

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even know this package was in the works. Unlike the Intellivision collection, this one has tons of nostalgic appeal for me. Can't wait to check it out.

EDIT:
OMG -- Adventure from 2600!
rofl.gif
And the arcade version of Missile Command. Worth it just for those two games.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there was an Atari collection for the DS out but you could only play it with the touchscreen. So finally i can play Tempest with buttons on the DS, yay.

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrmpf, single large 'archive_bin' file for resources...so much for my hopes of being able to inject 2600 ROMs if this is using emulation for them :/

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is almost the perfect collection. Throw in Major Havoc from the arcades and this would have been golden. I would have actually bought this.

Although I guess it would have been hard to emulate, but it looks like it could be easily reprogrammed or ported.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
there was an Atari collection for the DS out but you could only play it with the touchscreen. So finally i can play Tempest with buttons on the DS, yay.
+1

Tempest is the real gem in this collection for me. It makes me want to bust out my Jaguar and play some Tempest 2000.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm suprised nobody has said 'Have you played Atari today?' yet, so there it is just to get it out of the way.

Also, yay for Tempest.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, about time this was dumped. I don't know though, seems they could have found some better 2600 games than what they included. Also, since it took so long to dump, I wonder if Volume 2 will still come out or not. It should have had enough time on the shelf to sell to whoever wanted to buy it. If Vol2 does come out, I hope it has some better games in the lineup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: