1. DuDutZ

DuDutZ Member
    Newcomer

United States
    damn EDGE is so sloww with updatee.......
    well gonna try that super robot taisen while waiting

2. Jarutais

Jarutais Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's sad to see that aparently no one is working on a Patch, so we can just rely on firmware updates

I tought Golden Sun was a very expected game, Spirit Tracks got patched like in the very first day it was launched... I dont know why Golden Sun didnt get the same atention [​IMG]

3. Totoy_Kamote

Totoy_Kamote GBAtemp Advanced Fan

coz most of the users don't need it.. [​IMG]

4. Spawngasm

Spawngasm Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I find it hilarious I can play this on my cloned R4 (DSTT) and not my Cyclos. If anyone has the R4i SDHC all you need is the RetroGameFan Update and you extract TTMenu folder
    TTMenu.dat and rename it to TTMenu.nds. Get the latest YSMenu and then extract YSMenu.nds to the TTMenu folder. For this to work you must have a R4 with the site url R4i-sdhc.com or r4-v.com on the box the flashcart came in. There may be other clones of DSTT out there, but those are the only two I know of.

5. impizkit

impizkit Lazy Lurker

For some reason I cant get it to work on my DSTwo and the CycloDS still doesnt have a fix, but my original DSTT works like a charm thanks to RGF. I love how the DSTT is now the fastest updated cart out there. Who would have expected that?

6. iggloovortex

iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thanks for being kind, not many people would have responded positively to my statement.

In on topic news, how is the game? is it to expectations? i cant wait to play it if and when a fix drops or i somehow magically obtain a new card. im stuck without sufficient means/funds to purchase even the $6 R4 original from shoptemp >_

7. Totoy_Kamote

but without retro, it's one of the worst cart out there.. [​IMG]

tnx to retro! [​IMG]

8. iggloovortex

United States
    Currently the worst cart is R4 Ultra. So far as i know, the R4 Ultra is the only card that cant play Golden Sun right now, due to it being a trash card, it doesnt get updated. Due to it being an Acekard clone, it cant run the updated YSMenu. Due to being a CLONE, it cant run AKAIO. And because all the patchers have lost reason for patching, us poor R4 Ultra saps are stuck with 2 options. A) Buy a new card, or B) Buy the games.

EDIT: i found out cyclo cant play GS:DD either, but it still gets FW updates every once in a while. R4 ultra gets an update once a year.

9. Farquad

Farquad Member
    Newcomer

Looks like i'm waiting till it comes out over here and then buying it if there is no patch being worked on. I was buying it anyway, i just wanted to preview it first to make sure it was worth the purchase. Sometimes I hate being a CycloDS user, I would buy a new flash card but i seriously wonder if it's worth it this close to the end of the DS' life.

10. Rowan

Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

EVERY flashcard but the cyclo has a fix. WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD. TEAM CYCLOPS I DEMAND SOURCE CODE. NOW!

11. Farquad

Farquad Member
    Newcomer

I don't think the edge has a fix either but then again its based on the cyclo.

12. iggloovortex

United States
    Hey R4 Ultra guys. it seems AKAIO really is on R4 Ultra. go to the main site.

13. dib

dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Why? Were ypu planning to update it with a fix?

Of course not, you can't program. What you really mean is you want somebody else to do the work for you. Which puts you precisely back where you are right now: waiting for somebody else to solve your problem.

Meanwhile you could buy an Acekard at literally any moment. It costs all of $13. That's two fast food meals you won't eat. A few energy drinks you won't guzzle. I've seen children that by selling Koolaid on the street. So what's your excuse for not having a backup flash cart if and when something goes wrong and you're just too damn impatient to appreciate that other people don't really care what's wrong in your world?

14. Rowan

Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I don't spend time on this forum trolling as I have friends in real life who actually CARE about what's wrong with my world
    P.s. Troll is troll

15. iggloovortex

United States
    I dont fucking believe it. It actually works. im playing GS DD on my R4 Ultra. i never would have thought it possible. those fucking ninjas behind R4 Ultra were secretly making AKAIO 1.8.1 for their shitty card. . .

16. Totoy_Kamote

it's nice to know that it really worked! but sadly we can't post links to it coz it's against the rules... [​IMG]

17. wiiluver135

wiiluver135 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    AKAIO 1.8.1 does NOT have a fix yet, user like me and hundreds of other people with 2gb cards and under can't load GS:DD yet because it's not "fast" enough to run with Bypass AP on...
    so were forced to wait for a fix or buy another microsd card with a higher class that's about $15 on most sites...some bullshit I swear! [​IMG]

18. Totoy_Kamote

but it's working with r4ultra with a cracked version of AKAIO 1.8.1.. [​IMG]

19. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Dude. chill.

Some people do not even have a fix for it yet on their card. And SOME 2 GB work just fine.

It's just unfortunate that some slower speed cards do not work. You can actually get a good quality 4 GB for 8-10 bucks from places like Micro Center.
    It's a worthwhile investment... and it's still cheaper than if you actually BUY the game...

I bought it to support sales, along with the guide, and I am playing it from my SCDSTWO. If you wanna pirate you should not expect the scene to be at your beckon and call trying to get games working for YOU specifically.

That is how programmers like to leave the scene- people being ungrateful for their work. So stop that shit.

Back on topic... I have played about 8 hours in and am loving it. I like the graphical update, and I really like some of the little things like how Djinn have their own look to them. [​IMG] some are cute and some (sleet, I am looking at you) are downright ugly.

And I am glad I got all the stuff right before the first point of no return. =P

20. Necoconeco

Necoconeco Banned
    Banned

United States
    This has been my reasoning for 3+ years up until just a month ago. 3 Games I really wanna play out of 5300, that I can't. That 1/1300th of a reason to get a DSTWO.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Golden, #5267, (USA)