DS #5260: Harvest Moon - Sunshine Islands (Europe)

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want a harvest moon that is just as simple and 2D as the SNES version
sad.gif

But thanks nonetheless
yay.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
none of the harvest moons tht i have seen until now on the DS (and thts all of em) are bad... they just arent simple but they are definitely not boring
try grand bazaar or this... both are great
they say tht twin villages is as good as FoMT so maybe u could wait for tht

quite a late release... must have taken time to translate

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
shakirmoledina said:
none of the harvest moons tht i have seen until now on the DS (and thts all of em) are bad... they just arent simple but they are definitely not boring
try grand bazaar or this... both are great
they say tht twin villages is as good as FoMT so maybe u could wait for tht

quite a late release... must have taken time to translate
Noo I don't say they are boring or whatever... I just have a 2D fetish !!
nyanya.gif
Looove it!!
And to be honest.. 3D on the ds looks.... very bad most of the time.
only nice 3D graphical games i know are umm, final fantasy 12, and kingdom hearts
bow.gif

Rest is all with those chibi characters n stuff, low detailed
frown.gif

on the 3SD on the other hand, 3D characters look awesome!!
yay.gif
...but i'm kinda driftign of topic here soooo...
unsure.gif

Ashley Riot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those people who enjoy the series since the Snes days but feel like every new game that comes out doesn't to the franchise justice, I'd recommend the recently launched Rune Factory 3.

gt6606.png

Even if it is a "spin-off", it is the most fun I've had with a Harvest Moon-esque game since Back to Nature on the PS1. It fixes a LOT of small issues the series had for some years now... seriously, it's incredibly engrossing and enjoyable.

I tried to love Sunshine Islands back when the american version came out, but it kept tripping in the same shortcomings. =/

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think RF is considered a spin-off of HM anymore. I remember reading somewhere that the devs decided to scrap that idea or something after 1 came out, which is why only the first game has the original Japanese title for Harvest Moon on it, but oh well.

Anyway, Sunshine Islands is great but for some reason, it doesn't feel as fun as Island of Happiness though. I guess it's because IoH has more stuff to do even though SI has you go around collecting sun stones, which feels more like a chore than something fun. I mean, getting most of them are either repetitive (Giving each person a total of 5 gifts to get one sun stone from them) or just plain dragging (Using each Makers 100 times to get sun stones from them). However, SI does have its advantages such as improved gameplay and button controls for those who hated the touch-screen only controls in IoH.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This was one of the HMs I enjoyed most on the DS. It's kinda a bug-fixed version of Island of Happines (the D-PAD controls were totally needed), so it's a good game. I might give it a spin again.

I'll also have to try Rune Factory 3 (didn't like the first one too much, but I guess that after 3 games, it might've improved a lot).

I seriously miss the times of Friends of Mineral Town. That game was an absolute masterpiece.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely give RF3 a spin since the gameplay has improved by a whole lot (Combat is faster and some things are more convenient). As long as you don't expect a good story, then you'll enjoy it very much over the first two.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also be warned that rf3 is crazy easy. It is really really fun, but money is almost a non issue and the combat is easy even on hard. And this is coming from someone who hasn't played a core HM game since the snes. I might give this one a try though, cause RF3 has got me in the mood for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr