dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:
dgwillia said:
What the hell would the point of importing them be then? The majority of us dont know japanese, and seeing as the games are text based, all you would pretty much be doing is "Ooh" and "Ah"-ing at the Animations.

Then again, if your so high and mighty for not pirating, why the hell are you here?

I dunno, because you're fan of the games? Since when "not being able to understand" a game makes it ok to pirate it?
I can ask you the same question, what's the point in pirating it since you don't know japanese?

People are free to pirate whatever they want, just don't call yourself a fan of the games you pirate, because you're not, you're just being hypocrite at this point, language barrier shouldn't be used as a reason to validate pirating, wanting to try the game and see if it's worth importing yes, but saying "It's japanese, so it's ok to pirate", not.

Also, I wasn't aware this forum was for pirates only, last time I checked, Homebrew isn't only about pirating. Besides, who says I don't pirate either, I just don't prance around calling myself a fan of a series of game and at the same time pirating the hell out of them. I also use them to see if they're worth importing or not.

I dont know, why would paying 40-50ish dollars for a game that i literally would be spamming A and B through be considered making me a fan or not? I have imported plenty of games (Though most of which werent so text heavy, like Jump Ultimate Stars and some of the Bleach PSP/DS games), but saying someone isnt a fan just because they pirate a game is a pretty idiotic statement, especially when 90% of the games are Japanese only. (I could understand a difference if we were talking Pokemon or Naruto or something, where playing through in Japanese is easy, but SRT's tend to be based about story).

Also, when exactly did i call myself a "Fan" of the series? You seem to be making assumptions then judging people based on them, despite being in a pretty judge-able situation yourself

junte86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AP Patch seems not complete?

I have tried it and it prevents the instant gameover, but if some units die, i still get game over. And it is my unit dying that caused game over, it was one enemy grunt that have caused game over screen, so... I guess this is not complete yet.

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This needs to be fan-translated asap
ohnoes.png

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
ohnoes.png

QFT, too bad most of the translators only seem to care about games that end up getting released less than a year later, instead of the ones that have 0% of ever coming out =/. (Wasnt the only Translation the PSX one? And the unreleased GBA one?)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
junte86 said:

I have tried it and it prevents the instant gameover, but if some units die, i still get game over. And it is my unit dying that caused game over, it was one enemy grunt that have caused game over screen, so... I guess this is not complete yet.
First post in 6 years, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you look at the Winning and Losing Conditions windows? game over when certain or any unit gets killed

TheYummyKenshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
dan80315 said:
ohnoes.png

QFT, too bad most of the translators only seem to care about games that end up getting released less than a year later, instead of the ones that have 0% of ever coming out =/. (Wasnt the only Translation the PSX one? And the unreleased GBA one?)
SRW game tends to be have a hard time with the translation scene because of how text heavy they then to be as well as the innate problem about the way the the text for the game script is compressed or something like that. Basically I heard it was a very big hack job to even make an attempt to translate the games.

junte86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
junte86 said:

Did you look at the Winning and Losing Conditions windows? game over when certain or any unit gets killed

I am pretty sure its not about winning and losing conditions as I have somehow got passed stage 1.. I dont know why it seems random.. but anyway in stage 2 as soon as i start there is a game over screen...

if i am the only person with this problem I might have put the wrong code... but as far as I can tell, I have not, so I have no idea about how to get pass this annoying game over screen.

and it might just be me, but after game over, when I go back to Main menu, the new game load and continue seems not to work at all... and I am stuck at that screen, but whenever I turn off my DS and than reload the game it works...

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
junte86 said:
dsrules said:
junte86 said:

I am pretty sure its not about winning and losing conditions as I have somehow got passed stage 1.. I dont know why it seems random.. but anyway in stage 2 as soon as i start there is a game over screen...

if i am the only person with this problem I might have put the wrong code... but as far as I can tell, I have not, so I have no idea about how to get pass this annoying game over screen.

and it might just be me, but after game over, when I go back to Main menu, the new game load and continue seems not to work at all... and I am stuck at that screen, but whenever I turn off my DS and than reload the game it works...
well, I have beaten Chapter 3 without any problems. so it could be your code that's not working

junte86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm strange. as far as I can tell the code is right,,, Its unlikely but my rom might be the problem, I will try this with another rom.

junte86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... I was being an idiot lol

I forgot to use HEX edit, and I just put the values in using r4cce -_-
lol

problem fixed now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat