DS #5214: Monopoly (Europe)

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My favorites Monopoly games since PC version is here!
laugh.gif

I will waiting and playing this right now!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
2mb!?

that means it doesn't have the token closeups and the funny sweet animations that they do around the corners like the classic Windows 95 version which I still own
happy.gif
(which came with my Gateway 2000)

example - the hat on the "free parking" swoops upside down and lets several rabbit's out..one of them jumps off the board! XD

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I gave this a quick look in DeSmuMe......seems like they must have been really tight with the code for this. The pieces DO animate. You have a full view on the bottom screen and a 3D view on the top screen. Seems to run smooth and play well. Has tutorials to help you too. There is also wireless multiplay, though I didn't look into it.

But you know, there was already a Monopoly game released a long time ago, and it included 3 other games as well. Do we really need another Monopoly game on DS? Especially when it's the ONLY game on the cart?

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
So I gave this a quick look in DeSmuMe......seems like they must have been really tight with the code for this. The pieces DO animate. You have a full view on the bottom screen and a 3D view on the top screen. Seems to run smooth and play well. Has tutorials to help you too. There is also wireless multiplay, though I didn't look into it.

But you know, there was already a Monopoly game released a long time ago, and it included 3 other games as well. Do we really need another Monopoly game on DS? Especially when it's the ONLY game on the cart?

do they do neat tricks on each of the corners of the board?
tongue.gif

I liked that
happy.gif

if yes...then I'm DEFINITELY getting this one
biggrin.gif

EDIT - WTF...Did they replace the blue ORIENTAL avenue and BALTIC with brown colored "old kent road" on the box???

was this to avoid racism?..or is this just a road in Europe?

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Rayder said:

do they do neat tricks on each of the corners of the board?
tongue.gif

I liked that
happy.gif

if yes...then I'm DEFINITELY getting this one
biggrin.gif

EDIT - WTF...Did they replace the blue ORIENTAL avenue and BALTIC with brown colored "old kent road" on the box???

was this to avoid racism?..or is this just a road in Europe?

..it's the ladder

350px-OldKentRoadSign.JPG

Old kent road DOES exist....and I think all of the names are changed :wtf:

ilovegames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is dookie

maximum of 4 players, no wifi. appears to be only one environment and its on a table with cheese puffs and bagels or something. the board looks horrible (can't read the name of the property from the board), and thats a real kneeslapper considering it looks like a poorly rendered static image save for the cards. one thing thats cool is that you can't even tap the dice to roll, nope, you tap the icon. needless to say, you can't enter a name, your name is locked in as whatever token you choose. game stats, achievements, and records are nowhere to be found. token animations are good enough. overall, it looks like no effort was put into this release.

hate2.gif
angry.gif

edit: messed up the sentence with parenthesis but whatever

Kixy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:

I don't think there was wireless multiplayer on that version.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Rayder said:

Uhh this looks like the original one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup