Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
basher11 said:
i posted this on the other topic.

"turn based battles"
*skips this game because of your post*
Seriously, I think there's a lot of great rpgs out there, but I just hate turn based battles (especially when combined with grindfests), so i tend to skip turn based rpgs altogether nowadays.
Plus it's japanese so I won't even know what I'm doing XD

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
basher11 said:

"turn based battles"
Seriously, I think there's a lot of great rpgs out there, but I just hate turn based battles (especially when combined with grindfests), so i tend to skip turn based rpgs altogether nowadays.

yeah, most kids like you don't really like and/or appreciate turn based JRPG like us older folks
I think that's why developers are hesitant to release these kind of JRPG outside of japan

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
basher11 said:

"turn based battles"

I'm really the opposite. I think the turn based RPG is sort of a lost art. I like the strategy involved with planning out every move--and while I realize that it still has patterns and isn't necessarily the most mentally taxing genre--I still enjoy it. Action RPGs have never really done it for me. Even the large production games like Crisis Core seem to devolve to mashing X. Basically boiling down to Gauntlet legends with more spells, so to speak.

But to each their own, I'm certainly not suggesting you're wrong to feel the way you do. I think I am somewhat a product of growing up with old RPGs and having come to grips with grinding being a part of the package.

Hopefully this sees an english release...it tends to be hard for me to tell how good a JRPG is with my rudimentary japanase.

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I suppose some of you folks would like to see what this game actually looks like, so here's a trailer for ye:

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XXLANCEXX said:
Fel said:
I also hope for an English release because of the supposed number of possibilities and time altering choices.
smile.gif
Ehh Atlus Isnt really popular here in america man
so its a slim chance
I thought the opposite - look at Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei (Strange Journey, Devil Summoner), Knights in the Nightmare...these were really big hits, not to mention all the other games released by Atlus.

Plus we always might get a translation, if one of the groups (like aforementioned Crimson Nocturnal) would go for it.
biggrin.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Demonbart said:
basher11 said:

"turn based battles"

yeah, most kids like you don't really like and/or appreciate turn based JRPG like us older folks
I think that's why developers are hesitant to release these kind of JRPG outside of japan
It's because everyone wants action and it's hard for them young'uns to immerse themselves in the story if they can't move around their character 100% of the time.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Demonbart said:
basher11 said:

"turn based battles"

I'm a high schooler, and I enjoy turn-based more than actiony games. The turns gives me time to think instead of just bashing a button.
smile.gif

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Just saw the trailer a while ago and I must say this looks like a great game. Here's hoping this will be released in english someday.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they would've just ported Radiata Stories to the DS. That would rock just as much for me. All that aside can't wait to try this game
biggrin.gif

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Radiant Historia is out! Yay! (Goes to download it, then places it in microSD then loads AKAIO 1.8.1 with anti-ap turned on.) PLZ WORK!!!
nds.gif

@RoMee
No! Never call it that EVER AGAIN! They are not Japanese-Role-Playing-Games! They are Console-Style Role-Playing-Games! Get it right! JRPG is stereotypical! If you want to keep to Japanese culture then call them LRPG for Light RPG.

Ugh...just watch this video and then watch part 2.

The Real History of RPGs

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Hey! Radiant Historia is out! Yay! (Goes to download it, then places it in microSD then loads AKAIO 1.8.1 with anti-ap turned on.) PLZ WORK!!!
nds.gif
i think it works without AAP on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: