DS #5203: Professor Layton and the Lost Future (Europe)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Is there any fix to get this working on a TTDS?
Just put it on my friends card and it works until you have to actually play then it black screens.
I told him not to get his hopes up as the TTDS is OLD.

[-EDIT-]
It's OK I got the Venom USA one works fine
wink.gif

trco123

Trophies
XP
Country
this appears to be the UK version. The voice actors for luke are different in the us and uk versions for some reason, with the uk getting a terrible voice actor. Also the intro cut-scene is a lot shorter in the UK version

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
trco123 said:
this appears to be the UK version. The voice actors for luke are different in the us and uk versions for some reason, with the uk getting a terrible voice actor. Also the intro cut-scene is a lot shorter in the UK version
I actually prefer the UK version. The US voice actor just sounds so...forced.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KinGamer7 said:
trco123 said:
I actually prefer the UK version. The US voice actor just sounds so...forced.
Definately, it's the same here. I prefer the English voice actor for Luke over the US one. But I've almost completed the US version now and don't want to start again.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
Daidude said:
Definately, it's the same here. I prefer the English voice actor for Luke over the US one. But I've almost completed the US version now and don't want to start again.
I played the US version for about 10 minutes and just could NOT get used to the US Luke. I didn't hate it, but I'm just so used to the cheeky and all-around fun UK Luke than his snobby, almost upper-class counterpart.

Lorin Wavine

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love Chimney Sweep Orphan boy Luke. The UK version is where the fun is to be had.

Sadly by the average length of postage I won't get the game until the tuesday after next week. Wish they had an express postage option. Darn Australia and its huge landmass that make postage times huge.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm used to the US voice of luke and think it sounds way better. the UK one is toooo clean and sounds like mickey mouse almost
tongue.gif
(no, but isn't the UK version voiced by a girl? I think i read it somewhere!)

trco123

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
trco123 said:
Also the intro cut-scene is a lot shorter in the UK version
Are you sure?
Yeah i played both of them and the US one has an opening video of people on a bus, amongst other pasts, while the UK version didnt have the bus videoand cut straight to the future letter.

Also I think the UK voice is terrible, whoever it is, be it a girl or boy, they sound so childish and annoying, like some patronizing Saturday kids TV character. Although slightly snobby and a little cliche, I much prefer the US voice who, ironically, sounds a lot more British.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
trco123 said:
WiiBricker said:
trco123 said:
Are you sure?
Yeah i played both of them and the US one has an opening video of people on a bus, amongst other pasts, while the UK version didnt have the bus videoand cut straight to the future letter.

Strange, now I played the UK and US version and I didnt notice any difference in the intros. They're both identical. Maybe you had a bad dump?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiBricker said:
trco123 said:
WiiBricker said:
trco123 said:
Are you sure?

Strange, now I played the UK and US version and I didnt notice any difference in the intros. They're both identical. Maybe you had a bad dump?

Actually what trco is talking about is the AP. I tried it on AKAIO and it did the same thing and stopped functioning after the first mystery screen. After I put on the AAP, it worked perfectly i.e. it begins with a cutscene.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone give me some insight into Luke's voice acting through the games? I've only played the first Layton (Curious Village) which was the US release where Luke was a charming London lad. I'd assumed the voice actors were the same in the EU and US releases for all the games....

So what i suppose i'm asking is if the EU and US Layton releases have always had alternate voice actors or if this is the first time we've been graced with different voices?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse