DS #5200: Star Wars - The Force Unleashed II (Europe)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS version doesn't look very good. Actually, none of them look very good, but DS version is a sidescroller with geometric environments. You can take a look at some footage here-

Go about 5 minutes in to see DS footage. The first game was actually fully 3D. I didn't like it very much, but this one looks even worse...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appears to work fine on CycloDS B.4. You know, this forced touchscreen stuff is really getting old. I would have much rather had just dpad & buttons control.....sigh...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw about 2 seconds of that DS footage.

It looks crap.

The graphics on the first one weren't great, but at least it was 3D.

If anything they should have cancelled the DS version rather than the PSP version. I was looking forward to trying it, and I hate LucasArts for cancelling it.
dry.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
You know, this forced touchscreen stuff is really getting old. I would have much rather had just dpad & buttons control.....sigh...

I'm with you on this, I too would prefer a dpad & buttons control option

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks better than the first, I'll say that much. Not sure why it's so much trouble for a juggernaut like LucasArts to make a decent action game on DS, but man, they've been slow to the punch. I'll certainly try it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am only going to assume they did nothing to work on making a real video game and is really just going to be another piece of shit, that everyone will be laugh about later and then just abandon.
Also I am going to assme, just like the first DS version of this game it's going to avoid all the pretty buttons it should use and try and throw in some annoying shitty touch screen controls that never can tell a jump from a slash.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Played this for an hour, its better than the first one, definately. However, I dont really like that you only got like 4 force powers that you are supposed to use at different parts. Takes time to change the force power you want, but still. Id say this is an Ok game, atleast for killing some time.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kiekoes said:
Hmmm.... I'm left handed, anyone know where to change the options to left handed?
It's in 'Options - Control Settings' really easy to find.
The game's actually not to bad, yeah it's forced touchscreen but it's an Ok time waster.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, definitely way better than the first. Lots of cool stuff here, especially the way you can chain the force powers together with basic attack combos. That being said, the controls aren't great. I'm usually perfectly fine with touch-screen controls, but the set-up isn't a good match for the demands of the platforming. It's very clumsy. They should have opted for all touch screen, a la PoP DS, or just stuck with button control. This plays a lot like the first Kung Fu Panda for DS in terms of controls, and it's frustrating at times. I'd be lying, though, if I said I wasn't having fun with the game so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: