DS #5182: Tenkaichi Sengoku Lovers DS (Japan)

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
When I saw Tenkaichi Sengoku Lovers DS
I thought it was Budokai for DS. Guess not.
rolleyes.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game seems to be Unicode, LZ compressed and can be decompressed easily. The first script file I opened was full of text, I didn't even have to scroll very far, so I guess it's text heavy. I'll try it out and then add it to my project list!
happy.gif

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
"Tenkaichi Sengoku Lovers DS is a bishounen + AVG game, developed and published by Rocket Company, which was released in japan in 2010."

What's an AVG game?

I think it's one of those games where they show one picture and you scroll through a bunch of text, and occasionally you make a choice.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I think it's sort of text adventure, which is weird considering the premise of taking place in the Sengoku era.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
From the info I could gather, I guess this game is a port of a cellphone game. On the maker's website there's info on various similar games...

This game's official website here.

Some screenshots:
51NX-aJWFSL.jpg
51q+RMWv1xL.jpg
51BSlgC7ZpL.jpg

51BU6AWOKcL.jpg
51hf7abd0GL.jpg

If all the characters featured in the cover actually have endings, then 4 of them are of interest "In My H Opinion"
smileipb2.png

Kazuhiko Inoue being among the cast and Phoenix having plans for translating it are definite plus points

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tehnoobshow said:
I tested this game out and all I can say is it is absolute and utter SHIT
Do you speak Japanese? Because if you can't, then I fully get why you would think that, but if you do you should know that this genre is very popular in Japan. For those who can read and do enjoy this kind of thing it's really fun.
smile.gif

lillsweetty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
windwakr said:
Do people even play these types of games? I don't see anyone could get any enjoyment out of them.

Yes, people do indeed play it, and yes, they do get enjoyment out of it.

Though in order to see its appeal, a "game" has to be redefined a little. It's obviously not the traditional -do this and this- -button smash through this- type of game. It's a visual novel with multiple endings, from what I gather (don't know if it has stats elements or minigames, which I guess would make it more of a "game" for you). So think of it as reading a novel while listening to its audiobook with beautiful illustrations, and the novel is one in which you get to affect the outcome. It's like manga in that it's not recognized yet as a legitimate form of expression, but I bet a large crowd (probably the casual crowd, who play "not-games" like Diner Dash or hidden object games with engaging stories, one not so gung-ho on the traditional video games, or maybe those who like me play JRPG for the stories) willing to give this type of game a try will really like it.

Plus, it's girl-oriented. More video games DEFINITELY need to be like that.

And yes, I do believe AVG is Adult Video Game.... It's the term used in visual novel game reviews, at least. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a