DS #5153: Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City (USA)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on fixes for the AP yet? Its starting to make me rage
frown.gif
. (Had it freeze up twice randomly in battles, and i cant even use Limit Skills or the Ship)

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
Any word on fixes for the AP yet? Its starting to make me rage
frown.gif
. (Had it freeze up twice randomly in battles, and i cant even use Limit Skills or the Ship)

I suggest waiting for a couple of days. A fix will take its time.
Go do something else for now and comeback to it when the fix is around

Exhumed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sebbel said:
Exhumed said:
I doubt this is any kind of anti-piracy protection, it's more likely an incompatibility with flash cards.

This is the exact same thing, sir ôo
How is anti-piracy protection the exact same thing as an incompatibility with flash cards? They are completely different things. That's like saying a PC game that needs a serial key is the same thing as a PC game that crashes with certain video cards.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daath said:
Anti-Piracy and Serial keys can't be compared.

Of course, because only one of them is a method that software developers use to prevent their software from being run except when certain circumstances are met which certain members of the community choose to hack their way past in order to run the software without meeting said circumstances.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make AP for ds games anymore considering there are so many flash carts...the fact that this game works for some flash carts, but not for others seems like an ineffective way to stop piracy.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make AP for ds games anymore considering there are so many flash carts...the fact that this game works for some flash carts, but not for others seems like an ineffective way to stop piracy.
as said above
the fact that they stopped some people from pirating their game is better then allowing everybody to pirate it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not considering the cost of creating ap is usually more than they would've gotten if people had bought the game in the first place...besides, this isn't mario or zelda...so it's not like millions of people will be downloading it.

LegendFSL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti-piracy exists in any form not to stop pirates completely but to delay the pirates long enough for the software to sell copies. The sale of most games are usually within the first week of the game being released nowadays so if the game goes without being pirated for around a week, the anti-piracy is a success.

Also, another fun fact, most people who bash on AP give scenarios that rarely happen. Like the Spore debacle with limited installations and SecuROM. If you were online when you installed it you automatically got your install back. Less than 1% of all those who bought Spore actually needed more installs. Just a little tangent there. >.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but as many have stated before those who pirate and those who are buy are usually two entirely different kinds of people...so in effect it was wasted effort on their part.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When left with no other option I'll buy. So in effect what they did made me buy it out of frustration of wanting to play it since I love this kind of game.

I think if someone wasn't going to buy it at all they wouldn't care if it was protected either since they wouldn't care if they play it or not. I don't see why those people would care if they can't play it anyway.

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped the ROM using NDS Backup Tool WiFi (without trimming) and it has the same problems. Hangs when setting sail, when fighting the green bird on LVL 2, etc.

This is with the latest version of AKAIO on an Acekard 2i

I was able to copy the save file off of my game cart and use that with AKAIO as well, but it still hangs.

ultimate.fake.ac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PharaohsVizier said:
I was actually thinking of pre-ordering this game to get the artbook, too bad they ran out.
frown.gif
If you ask at EBGames/GameStop the stores in your area might still have some copies of the pre-order art book in the back. Thats what I did on Saturday and I was able to get a copy of the pre-order art book with my game
happy.gif

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you playing the game, I have a question about sailing.

I have dried peas, which gives me 8 moves. I cant, for the life of me, find anything that gives me more moves.

I found the guy on the island that wants boards for his sheep pens. But by the time I reach him, I only have 2 moves left. I can't reach any other islands that have any items that give me more than 8 moves.

Is there any way to replenish your moves during a trip? Where do I find the next item that increases the number of moves?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-edit-

Never mind - I finally found the Cedar...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1