Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
Rayder said:
But I guess I just don't like Trackmania games in general.

It's one of the mysteries of mankind: Trackmania is quite popular in Central Europe (France, Germany, Switzerland) but it's almost unknown in America. Maybe that has something to do with the sort of toys that where extremly popular in Europe some years ago.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrera_(Autorennbahn)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrera_(slot_car_brand)

We all love Trackmania here. Really.
blush.gif
yes, silly americans have slotcars too...

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
themuddaload said:
yes, silly americans have slotcars too...

moogle.gif

I wasn't sure about that. But you can see in the PC version of Trackmania that mostly people from Europe play it. Really.

You can download and play Trackmania nations for free on Steam and here, btw:
http://www.trackmania.com/

Have fun! See you on WiFi!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
Rayder said:
But I guess I just don't like Trackmania games in general.

It's one of the mysteries of mankind: Trackmania is quite popular in Central Europe (France, Germany, Switzerland) but it's almost unknown in America. Maybe that has something to do with the sort of toys that where extremly popular in Europe some years ago.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrera_(Autorennbahn)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrera_(slot_car_brand)

We all love Trackmania here. Really.
blush.gif

I assure you that there is much Trackmania love in America, though mostly because Nations was a free game that was INCREDIBLE.

To make a case to Americans who don't like it... do you guys like San Francisco Rush? This game is like Rush physics with a track editor. Who the heck wouldn't like that?

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think this game does not look anything like the Rush series, aside from the fact that they are racing games. And i have to disagree with fudgenuts64, because, in my opinion, the best Rush game is by far Rush 2, from the Nintendo 64.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiroshiYamauchi said:
I think this game does not look anything like the Rush series, aside from the fact that they are racing games. And i have to disagree with fudgenuts64, because, in my opinion, the best Rush game is by far Rush 2, from the Nintendo 64.

Yes! Rush 2 is my favorite as well, but... I should let you know that I've played Trackmania for years, and the physics are really similar to San Francisco Rush. It keeps the same spirit of wild jumps that Rush had, even if you're tearing around a track instead of a city. I wasn't just pulling the Rush thing out of nowhere, hahaha.

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, i have to admit that i've never been into Trackmania to make a honest comparison, but it seems to me that TM tracks are a bit generic and that's what i like about the Rush series, the tracks are just a few, but each one with it's own peculiarities. I agree that the wild jumps are the Rush series soul.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ChuckBartowski said:
But im still playing pokemon! Stop releasing stuff dammit!
buahahah!

yup,the flood of games is coming.. until Christmas,ill probably go insane, great thing is that I am almost middle aged so I have to be responsible,and have a lot of obligations, and a girlfriend(who thank heavens is a gamer).... aaaaargh!

grog.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I have to say, it's definitely improved over the first Trackmania for DS, that's for sure. I've been trying to give the game a chance as I wait and hope a couple other of games get dumped. It's certainly fun to zip around the tracks, but it all seems so pointless to me when I have no opponents.....I just can't get past that. But as I play this game, I'm starting to understand why they used a "rally" racing style as opposed to having tangible opponents. The crazy tracks are a blast to fly through.

A good way to reduce lag in single player mode is to set only one ghost opponent....I usually just pick the gold level opponent. You'll still get the bronze or silver if you beat those times, you just won't see those cars on the track. It not only cuts down on lag, but also helps you with less distractions that can obscure your view.

What's the maximum number of tracks that can be created and saved?

What camera views do you guys prefer?

Just curious.....

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
One thing I have to say, it's definitely improved over the first Trackmania for DS, that's for sure. I've been trying to give the game a chance as I wait and hope a couple other of games get dumped. It's certainly fun to zip around the tracks, but it all seems so pointless to me when I have no opponents.....I just can't get past that. But as I play this game, I'm starting to understand why they used a "rally" racing style as opposed to having tangible opponents. The crazy tracks are a blast to fly through.

A good way to reduce lag in single player mode is to set only one ghost opponent....I usually just pick the gold level opponent. You'll still get the bronze or silver if you beat those times, you just won't see those cars on the track. It not only cuts down on lag, but also helps you with less distractions that can obscure your view.

What's the maximum number of tracks that can be created and saved?

What camera views do you guys prefer?

Just curious.....
Guess I might pick just the gold ghost now, I thought I'd only get the gold medal, so I've been using all of the ghosts, thanks for that. I use a camera view where your behind the car, didn't know you could change view in this lol, anyway I always use that view in driving/racing games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"