DS #5127: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (USA)

diuleeah

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
maybe I'm the only one... got a blank screen after the very first unresolved mysteries screen... using original r4 and the nukethis release (crc32: B311E1EC) with wood r4 v1.12.

anybody got luck passing beyond this point?

dpks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diuleeah said:
maybe I'm the only one... got a blank screen after the very first unresolved mysteries screen... using original r4 and the nukethis release (crc32: B311E1EC) with wood r4 v1.12.

anybody got luck passing beyond this point?

I had this problem with the NukeThis release on my SuperCard DSONE (SDHC) running EOS 1.0 SP5. The VeNOM release was even worse, it just stayed at a blank white screen when initially loading the game.

gifi4's instructions (quoted below) fixed both problems, both releases now work for me.

QUOTE(gifi4 @ Sep 15 2010, 02:08 AM) Just want to say, anyone having trouble with the cracked rom needs to do the following:
1.Download the SD formatter from here
2. Once downloaded, install the formatter.
3.place your Micro SD card into your card reader
3.Place your card reader (with the Micro SD inside) into your computer.
4. Backup all files on your micro SD and copy to PC.
5. Open the Panasonic Formatter.
6. choose your settings.
7. wait until it finishes formatting then copy everything, that you backed up, onto the micro sd.
8.Preferably "Safely Remove" USB.
9.Start playing games on your flashcart.

diuleeah

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thanks dpks, I'll have a try.
smile.gif

cowboycoder77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get the freeze while saving occasionally using the Venom release on DSTWO. If I bring up the DSTWO's in-game menu when this happens, reset and then reload, then I can load my save (it seems that it saved correctly even though it crashed). Wonder if this happens with a clean ROM.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
cowboycoder77 said:
I get the freeze while saving occasionally using the Venom release on DSTWO. If I bring up the DSTWO's in-game menu when this happens, reset and then reload, then I can load my save (it seems that it saved correctly even though it crashed). Wonder if this happens with a clean ROM.
QUOTE(gifi4 @ Sep 15 2010, 05:08 PM) Just want to say, anyone having trouble with the rom needs to do the following:
1.Download the SD formatter from here
2. Once downloaded, install the formatter.
3.place your Micro SD card into your card reader
3.Place your card reader (with the Micro SD inside) into your computer.
4. Backup all files on your micro SD and copy to PC.
5. Open the Panasonic Formatter.
6. choose your settings.
7. wait until it finishes formatting then copy everything, that you backed up, onto the micro sd.
8.Preferably "Safely Remove" USB.
9.Start playing games on your flashcart.

try those steps, post whether it works after or not.

UjuidarEhcram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using DSTT with official firmware 1.17a12, it crashes (black screen, doesn't respond to soft reset) after first "Unresolved Mysteries" screen. Using NukeThis release. Using the SD formatter changed nothing. Tried with soft reset enabled and disabled.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is this some kind of practical joke?
I have tried several torrents and direct DLs of both the VENOM and the NukeThis version, all of which were somehow corrupt or didn't even load. Could someone maybe PM me with directions, or do I have to register a new Usenext trial? Hell.

cowboycoder77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gifi4 said:

Didn't solve the problem but thanks for the suggestion. I'd day it freezes once every 10-15 saves on average. But my save data isn't corrupted so I just have to reload. I don't have any problems saving other games. It's odd though that others have reported that it (Venom version) works perfectly on DSTWO.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DLd a few more, VENOM releases that crash at the beginning and nukethis .rar files that cannot be opened, might have possibly even been malware.

Crazy. I have read that the Venom release works for some Wood users, and crashes to a black screen for others after the first conversation.

Bummer.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
cowboycoder77 said:
gifi4 said:

Didn't solve the problem but thanks for the suggestion. I'd day it freezes once every 10-15 saves on average. But my save data isn't corrupted so I just have to reload. I don't have any problems saving other games. It's odd though that others have reported that it (Venom version) works perfectly on DSTWO.
Sorry to hear that you still cannot get it working, maybe it's the DSTWO settings?

VGK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did I finally come across some AP?

Puzzle #117, they want me to draw a circle over an arrow, and the game won't let me.

I know where the arrow is, but I fruitlessly get a "redraw your circle" from the game.

I'm forced to solve this to continue, and this is literally right before all the game's reveals supposedly. Cruel AP if it is, Nintendo.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I lucked out with my version. I have an Acekard 2i, and the download I got, is working no problem. No problem with audio or any of the puzzles or anything. It's quite nice. If I could help you guys find it, I totally would. [Not a fan of saying "no find your own"] But you know, rules are rules.

If I give out my facebook and get people to add me so I can help them out, is that against the rules?

Tigro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm.. I can't manage neither the VENOM nor the NukeThis version to work neither on Supercard DSOne with Evo SP5 nor on R4 with Wood 1.12. Why is that so? I think that one of these combinations should work.

EDIT: Yyyyes! After 5th format and 10th downloaded ROM it works flawlessly on R4
wink.gif
Let's Layton!

odyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got about 30 puzzles in.. then my cart froze when I was trying to save the game.. had to restart the DSL.. and when I did.. the save file was corrupted!
Using Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.7.1 with latest loaders.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Soo pissed.. I need to start all over again!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
odyssy said:
Got about 30 puzzles in.. then my cart froze when I was trying to save the game.. had to restart the DSL.. and when I did.. the save file was corrupted!
Using Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.7.1 with latest loaders.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Soo pissed.. I need to start all over again!!
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

I'm using the same card and had no problems. What DS are you using? L/i/XL?

qotsa_ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have a save state that is at or before you enter the pagoda? My ds froze when saving. I have a cyclods if it matters. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt